Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 09:42PM

Monday night revealed for FHE? Seriously? I mean normal people have had enough of Church Stuff the day, the stupid day before. Right?

What were your FHE's like? The 3 maybe 4 we had eons ago when we had two kids, age 1 and 3, consisted of well, let's see.... having a barbecue with friends, going to the park, going swimming, having a picnic. You get the picture. My husband and I did not even have to talk about if we were going to have a lesson. We both knew the answer to that question. Did he grow up having FHE's. I doubt it, but I don't know and its too late to find out at least from him. His family was very active, church, missions, even spending time helping others, but I really cannot picture them doing the FHE lesson thing.

My husband and I did attend one FHE at a relative's house. They tried to give a lesson. All of the attending kids were under six and not one of them was listening. But, those in charge were not going to give up. I counted the minutes until we could somehow break free----kind of like sitting in SM with my kids.

Just a few years later, we were entirely inactive. We were invited years later to a few FHEs aimed at captivating us back into church activity. We did choose to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 09:44PM by presleynfactsrock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:40PM

I referred to FHE as family home @ hell. It was family torture night.

As an adult, I refused to put my own children through that misery. We spent weekends together, and almost every evening. We didn't need the church telling us what to say and do on Monday night. The best thing about Monday night was no mormons bothered us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.