Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 12:51PM

the family a proclamation to the world??

the family a proclamation to the world
https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:42PM

This was without a doubt a sleep through it meeting.

The children speaking could not be understood.

The meeting lasted 28 minutes past the allotted time for SM.

There was no intelligible message delivered.

Total waste of time!!!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:44PM

It's not meant to be entertainment for the congregation. It's a show of how well your children have been brainwashed by this wonderful Primary program. You're supposed to walk away going, "all is well with the next generation of Morgbots."

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 03:06PM

Every year they pick a theme for Primary and divide the theme into 12 monthly lessons supporting the theme. This comes straight from the Primary General Presidency and their keepers in the priesthood. The Primary program is always a show-off of what the children have learned, musically, scripturally etc. I was the first counselor in a Primary presidency for a few years and the job of writing the program fell to me. Despite my journalism degree and having had numerous things published and working as an editor, trying to come up with an interesting, relevant program that included all elements of a year's lessons and had parts for 30 plus kids was impossible. I bribed my SIL to write it for me every time. We also had to assign parts to all the inactive children as well and deliver the parts, along with a copy of the overall program, to those inactives. But we knew that they wouldn't show up so the parts had to be written so that it wouldn't be noticed when those lines assigned to inactives weren't delivered. It was probably the worst job I was ever stuck with as a Mormon.

Sorry, that's a long answer to a short question but the reason they are on about the family proclamation is that was assigned by the COB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 03:07PM by CA girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.