Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nun ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:33AM

People were acting like they were meeting micheal jackson. He shook everyones hand and they acted like he was a god.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:43AM

met him on my mission... that is, shook his hand for half a second and listened to him ramble to us for a half hour.

He was treated like a god on that visit too.

We all had to stand when he entered the room and couldnt sit down until he sat down.

Stupid.

Posted by: dodgeawrench ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:39PM

Years ago I stood in a blessing circle with Nelson, he actually put his hand on my shoulder for the blessing. I wasn't out of the church at the time and very much so worthy to be in the circle, as it pertains to the guidelines set by the church. I remember thinking at the time that when he put his hand on my shoulder he would feel how unworthy I was and kick me out of the circle. Somehow he would figure out that I watched a rated R movie a couple months prior to the blessing.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 02:18PM

I, a closeted exmo at the time, shook hands with a GA in the
temple. I had lied to get my TR and could easily have been exed
if they'd known of my anti-Mormon activities that were under the
radar. However for some reason this GA, in the temple, didn't
get the required inspiration.

Oh, well.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 02:26PM

Yep. They have no inspiration about anyone other than themself and what the think of as a good idea.... but they tell themselves, oh, that must be what God wants. I mean, he didn't say otherwise and queit when presented with what I already studied out in my head as the best option. The self talk just confirmed my own pondering as the right direction.... whether it works or not will be the testimoney builder or God helping me learn and get through a trial.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 05:15PM

Sorry you thought that way. Not sure that was realistic. Seems like some Mormons and former mormons worship authority more than others.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 02:35AM

Probably left his temple recommend home so he could get in my stake center for the Ogden temple dedication. Boner.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 04:25AM

Christofferson was in the east valley today. 2 apostles in AZ at the same time? Why? Seems weird.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 04:28AM

I met Nelson at BYU Hawaii. Even as a TBM I didn't feel super spiritual. In fact I was kinda disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting but I didn't feel anything special. And I remember being sad and disturbed about it.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:29AM

He is accessing the damages the church, or the members had from the recent flooding. Checking on how much the flood will interrupt the tithing flow. (unintentional pun)

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 06:57AM

He always reminded of what the devil must look like. Handsome devil that he is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.