Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 06:29PM

Is he sure they were trousers that didn't reach the ankles, not super-modest shorts that were way below the knees?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 06:29PM by Stray Mutt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonymouse2 ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 07:07PM

"It unfortunately unmasks the man and we can see that he has no soul."

He obviously has no brains either.

And one of the comments to his rant about "faces of young men not clean-shaven":

"Last time I checked Jesus had a beard."

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 06:42PM

This is what happens when you have business men running a religion. Every issue goes back to keeping the business going, and the bottom line.

Because they have no theological training, or interest, what started out as a discussion on the US Constitution doesn't veer into a discussion the need for secular organizations in order to perfect the religious ones -- oh no -- it goes right into the need for perfect and strict adherence to mindless rules that serve no real purpose.

It unfortunately unmasks the man and we can see that he has no soul.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 12:12PM

With all the concern about image that TSCC has, it's surprising to me that he would make public his comments and leave them open for others to comment on without moderating said comments for proper standards.

I'm not sure why he would do that. Perhaps he's so full of himself that he thinks no one would dare disagree? Or, maybe he is simply so naive about the internet that he doesn't realize things like this can go viral rather quickly? Or, maybe he thinks he's just making a righteous stand for values?

There are still "anti" comments on his page.

There wasn't much love for Mormons in the Boise Weekly comments either.

Mormons are their own worst enemy.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 12:30PM

I love it when mormon idiocy gets exposed.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:24PM

They sent him there to do a job. He's obeying their orders. By doing so he establishes his own legacy and increases his own chance of being chosen as a GA. Others have done the same.

On the other hand--if he ends up embarrassing someone in his upline, they'll exile him to someplace like First Counselor in the Rexburg Stake. After all, Facebook didn't exist when the big 15 were making their way up the corporate ladder.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 01:42PM

"After all, Facebook didn't exist when the big 15 were making their way up the corporate ladder."

I think this is a big part of their problem - only the youngest of the top 15 would have rountinely used personal computers or the internet while still employed out in 'the real world'. Most of these men climbed up the corporate ladder when *no* man aspiring to power would admit to even knowing how to type - that was work for their female secretaries.

They're used to doing things their way and they are used to the "yes-men" making it happen. Even if there are people in the PR and IT departments who can see that the so-called prophets are making huge blunders when it comes to managing various social media - how would they ever be able to communicate it directly to the person/persons behind the decisions?

How can someone criticize an apostle for not understanding how the internet works?? It would imply that the apostle is perhaps not entirely inspired....

Posted by: Thomas Ricks ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:02PM

I think the more important part of this article is the first sentenance and I quote from the facebook posting.

"Good Afternoon! I had the opportunity yesterday to get out of my office to visit the Constitution Day display in the McKay quad."

Now what is interesting to me is that he seems bound to his office and makes a special trip to "get out". He should be more like other presidents in the past and spend his time out with the students building good repoire instead of occasionally getting out for something other than students and then to criticize them in the process. I ask you if that's loving?

I know him and he is an untouchable on campus and very hard to get close to. Ask anyone at BYUI what his specialized license plate says. I am serious you will not believe it!! He throws it in your face and the TBM's take it and wag their tails for more of his instruction. You want an example of a good BYUI president then look at Stephen Bennion. He cared about the students and the employees and spent his time out recognizing every one he spoke with.

As far as the dress code...Those students signed it so they deserve the criticism and should leave if it bothers them.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:07PM

What does his personalized plate say?

Posted by: Thomas Ricks ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 06:54AM

Is there a way to submit an image? I have an actual photograph of his car with it's license plate on it.

It is an Idaho license plate that simply has the number 1 on it. That's it 1

He parks in the special presidents spot and his car has a 1 on it and the students and faculty buy into his arrogance. He also changed the name of the accounting office to the bursar's office to match Harvard where he came from. I'm sure he's in the 2nd annointing club as well.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:08AM

Thomas Ricks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a way to submit an image? I have an
> actual photograph of his car with it's license
> plate on it.
>
> It is an Idaho license plate that simply has the
> number 1 on it. That's it 1
>
> He parks in the special presidents spot and his
> car has a 1 on it and the students and faculty buy
> into his arrogance. He also changed the name of
> the accounting office to the bursar's office to
> match Harvard where he came from. I'm sure he's
> in the 2nd annointing club as well.

Upload it to imgur or another photo host and post the link here.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:04PM

So what do his personalized plates say??!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:07PM

Sounds like he has an ankle fetish. Just wondering if he's concerned with the length of men's shirts too? Boner.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:08PM

THANKS poster.....I have had one of those days. This post made my day because I got to remind myself that I no long live in the Moridor!!!!!! Hip Hip Hurray!!!! Its a great day again...

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:13PM

Any word if the Times-News that covers the Magic Valley and southern idaho has picked up on yet!!??

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:47AM

Wow. I had to look up the dress and grooming standards to see if it really said anything about ankles. This incident is the first time I've heard about the ankle thing being immodest. Of course, when I went to Ricks, no one would be caught dead in capris or ankle-length pants (bell bottom days). I went the first year that girls could wear pants on campus, but we could not wear jeans or khakis. It had to be pantsuits or the like.

It also said that recreational attire had to be ankle-length (if it was anything on campus). Wow. Just when you think they can get no more Nazi.

Posted by: TT ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:52AM

"Everyone should follow the example that he and President Eisenhower are setting."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.