Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: InvestigatorAlligator ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 03:39AM

I posted earlier about a couple of bored, idiot typical teenagers who harassed a herd of wild burros who graze late at night near my workplace in an industrial complex in Riverside,CA.

We are rather protective of the burros. They are completely wild, probably number over 15 and only come down from the mountain late at night. The Mishies were on mountain bikes and bothering them last week.

So I found the Riverside MP's website and posted a comment that this behavior is unacceptable and that we will call the police on them. Not like the cops would respond, of course, but I hope the message was circulated.

So, anyway, update, tonight there was a calf with the herd. They were grazing around the buildings. They look very healthy.

The Riverside MP's website is hilarious. Well, to me anyway. Photos of "the passing of the phone" to new MP, airport arrivals, etc.. But truly, if any of us at work who get to see wildlife (including a bobcat) are going to be very pissed if those guys show up again.

BTW, one coworker identified the bobcat as being a mountain lion, and another spotted the burros and exclaimed, "look! deer!"

I don't know if the message got across about leaving animals alone got across, but as a poster mentioned about this earlier, they are kids. Very, very bored kids. Sad. Wish they were attending UC Riverside, not just hanging around it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 21, 2014 04:00AM

Correction: there was a foal, not a calf

Posted by: anonymouse2 ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 02:13PM

"Wish they were attending UC Riverside, not just hanging around it."

Or at least if MP bothered to arrange some college prep / future career counseling activities for them.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 09:23PM

Yes. Thank you.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 09:38AM

Very familiar with Riverside-DS lives there and I'm not too far away. What are mishies doing riding bikes late at night? Sorry I might have missed the time frame.

Is there a link to the MP website?

Date: September 21, 2014 01:59PM

http://preparetoserve.com/missionary-blog-index/

Scroll down to Riverside mission for the pics and blogs.

My question is also why the mishies were out in the middle of nowhere at around 12:30 a.m.?

Maybe they don't have AC and needed to be outside, but they were in uniform.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 10:00PM

It was asked what were missys were doing bothering Borrows?.

Boredom

In the wild west Arizona Navajo mission many years ago there were ( and most certainly still are ) many juvenile inappropriate even sadistic activities born of sheer boredom. So as not to incriminate myself I will not specify which of the following I may have taken part in and those I only knew about:

Running rabbits down in empty fields with the Lord's vehicles .
Shooting deer.
Shooting porcupines.
Racing down dirt roads.
Driving Construction equipment.
Throwing a cat off Canyon Duchelly (not me).
Taking skulls from ruins.
Leaving mission boundary.
Throwing heavy wet snowballs at people off a rather high roof.
Etc.

That was just the antics of one corner of a large area.

Now that the age group is lower you can look for elders to be even less mature, for mission presidents to fill the discipline role of Dean of Students from their old high school- because lets face it these kids were just in high school a few months ago. Hope they have their hands full.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 10:20PM

This list reminds me of the scouting activity in S. Utah years ago involving rolling tires off the hills into the canyons below.

Then someone thought adding flammable material and setting it on fire would be fun; in the Virgin River Gorge that cuts through the Northwest corner of Arizona off the divided highway leading to Las Vegas.

They nearly didn't get that hill side fire out before the emergency crews got there. Some Boy Scout leaders!

Or the missionaries who used a BB gun to shoot squirrels in Central Park, New York City.

Or roping fire hydrants from the back of their bicycles.

The worst?
Shooting the crosses off of rural Christian churches!

Posted by: InvestigatorAlligato ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 11:46AM

Actually, the most heinous of action on the Navajo nation was kidnapping children and placing them in all-white homes in other states, later claiming that their skin became lighter (therefore more delightsome). Yes, removing the children from there beloved families and grandparents and the sheep camps and corn farms prevent skin from sun exposure.

But I watched a co-worker silently seethe in anger as missionaries walked around Ganado, near the medical campus. She was one of the victims of that program. She escaped and got home.

The animal cruelty just makes me sick. What the Mormons did to "lamanites" is beyond disgusting.

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 04:34PM

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/newsroom/2014/March/BLM_Sets_Meeting_of_National_Wild_Horse_and_Burro_Advisory_Board_for_April_14_15_in_Sacramento.html

Like you, cruelty to wildlife makes me mad--even madder when there is a baby animal now involved.

Saree

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 09:24PM

Bored kids light fires and burn their own houses down, and blow themselves up with stupid bombs they made out of household items. Why don't the missionaries do that for a change?

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:21AM

Someone stole a baby burro in Reche Canyon Jackasses!

https://www.facebook.com/DonkeyLand?fref=photo

Date: September 23, 2014 02:38PM

Thank you for this link, Dennis! I think that foal was reunited successfully with his mom. What a great organization, and I will try to contribute to them.

I also like the California Wolf Center.

I don't think they posted my comment on the MP's blog. How strange....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.