Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 03:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 03:16PM

yes

Date: October 14, 2013 06:43PM

I guess I should give you more:) I have been on them (Lipitor) for just over a month

They made me sick but then ok.

I already take celexa and well butrin for depression, pretty good doses.

But I find myself thinking "I hate my life" "I hate my body" (I feel like shit). Other things like oh, stabbing a fork into my hand, it's like I imagine it.

I've been to these places before, but not for many many years. I don't want to call friends, I am more fatigued than ever, and that was already pretty bad.

So, I was thinking about it and wondering why I was thinking that way, and that was the only change I could think of.

Ugh!! I know that I'll be ok because I am aware of it going on, I have a therapist if needed.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: October 14, 2013 10:08PM

Absolutely!

My own personal experience: My doctor likes to "doctor" and is certain that because I am overweight I will have high cholesterol, diabetes, etc. He put me on a statin and I took it and didn't think too much about it. After a short amount of time I began be become increasingly depressed. Often on the edge of crying for no reason. I went on line and took all the depression tests and they all told me to call a doctor or go to the ER right away. I thought about suicide a lot -- never really considered it, but thought about it. I have to add that I do deal with depression and have several very stressful things going on in my life, but nothing had changed or happened to have me as depressed as I was getting.

The next dr. visit I told him that I was really having a problem with depression, we talked about it and he adjusted my antidepressant. He asked me if I was at risk for suicide. I said "I understand it now, but I won't do it."

Fast forward a month or so and I was looking up statins on the computer because my live-in great guy was complaining that his statin (which he has been taking since his triple bypass a few years ago) were making him forget things. So as I was reading up I saw mentions of statins causing or increasing depression. I immediately stopping taking mine. The deep, dark depression I had been experiencing began lifting. The next time I saw my doc I told him I had stopped taking it and why. The depression is gone and I am my normal self. And my cholesterol is fine, by the way.

Date: October 14, 2013 11:10PM

Thanks for that. I have so much other shit going on that I can't get crazy like that. It is seriously freaky.

My cholesterol is high, so I have to do something, yes, lose weight too. But feeling and thinkning about suicide, not worth it.

I have to go to my cardiologist tomorrow so I'll ask about it. Its only been a month, and they haven't retested.

Today I was like, am I going to lose it or what?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.