Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave in Hollywood ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 02:34PM

The reason that I ask is because I was driving down Cherry in Long Beach the other day, and on my ten minute drive I saw three sets of missionaries on their bicycles. They were not together at all it appears.

They were trolling through the Spanish speaking area, but were getting dangerously close to the gay part of town!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 02:40PM

I heard there up to 75,000 missionaries. Highest of all time. Heaven help us :)

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 02:47PM

The final push before the dispensation is over. We're all heading to Jackson county soon. Yeehaw!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 02:51PM

No way! They just built that mall. They can't leave now!

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 06:03PM

Yes,I believe it has.In a country almost devoid of Mormons(Ireland) I can safely say I have see more Mormon missionaries this year alone(4) than I have in the last 5 years.They should Really cross us off the to-do list though.I can't imagine them having Any success here.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: August 28, 2013 06:11PM

Yeah, I would imagine the MTC hit its peak around the middle of this summer. So out "in the field," I imagine they'll probably be hitting their peak around now.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 02:42AM

Heh heh, I have to admit Nevermo1, I chuckle when I think of LDS missionaries in Ireland amidst all the lovely green beauty of the place, and all the STRONG religious opinions that surround them. They must feel like a pimple on a pumpkin!!!

Posted by: Tara2 not logged in ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:52PM

I also saw several missionaries when in Ireland recently. They seemed to have a daily routine that consisted of walking between their accommodation and the local ward house, back and forth. The route they chose must have at least ten imposing churches located along it. Grim part of town too.

Posted by: Kablam ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:15AM

I saw four of them shopping at the Goodwill in Murray yesterday. They all walked to the book section and started going through every single book in the store. I really wanted to ask them what they were doing because I know it wasn't their p-day.

Posted by: Tara2 not logged in ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:58PM

My local missionaries congregate in the public library and access the computers, all in suits, ties and with back packs. They occasionally engage some of the locals in conversation but mostly they look bored. I can usually time a visit and find them upstairs in a huddle.

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 06:13PM

Umm, probably stalking you?

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 11:10AM

No better way to control young men and women by getting them out on Missions. Can't wait til they knock on my door. In my home they will find refuge, peace, and food for the Soul.

Posted by: Dave in Hollywood ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:06PM

But if they say no, they'll ask them to leave. :-) Might sew the seeds of thirst/doubt in someone.

I've always seen one or two sets of missionaries but never several in one day. I suppose there could be a zone leader conference or whatever they were called in the area.

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:13PM

Fluhist,they stand out like a sore thumb alright!Trying to get the Irish to give up their tea,coffee,alcohol and believe their crap would like be trying to sell ice to the Eskimos.Saw 2 really young missionaries leaving a rough part of town last week,wondered how they got on.Though I could surmise...

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: August 29, 2013 05:16PM

I see a lot more missionaries.

I've asked some of them how hold they are. Some say 18. A couple of really young looking ones said they were 20.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.