Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 02:10PM

Romney Limelight + Gay turnabout + Swedish NY Times Fiasco.

All we need now is Monson to die and Packer to mess things beyond hope if it is only in just picking a First Presidency the other apostles loath AKA giving the wrong people power.

My great grandfather was like one of the only FP counselors not put back in the job after Mckay died. If Eyring and Uchy get removed in favor of some more "Packer Friendly" people it would be interesting...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: I believed this all, once... ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 02:34PM

I am okay with little Tommy Monson holding on forever. I don't think the top 15 would let Packer near the top spot. While not a loose cannon, Monson is so bland and uninspiring that I think he is a good choice for "these latter days".

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 05:48PM

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 06:00PM

As an active member, if that happened, it would seriously shock the system of a lot of people and open the door to a lot of thinking, d preparednrss to voice dissent. Won't happen

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:22PM

The apostles don't choose the next president; it's purely seniority. If Packer is still an apostle when Monson dies, and Packer is the most senior apostle, he becomes the next president.

Posted by: nwguy ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 05:56PM

It would be such fun and the potential for mischief so great!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 06:02PM

I so so so hope that Packer get to captain the ship.

Since his 'goodbye' message at the big announcement, I am thinking he will die before TDM, but one can only hope.

It is too bad that he is so old, because it would be great to see him unleashed in all his hateful glory now that we have a 24/7 news cycle, everyone with a camera when he makes his hateful speech, You tube, and people all over the world watching this thing on the interwebz.

Please keep Packer alive.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:37PM

Much like the Vatican, the Q15 isn't run solely by the guy at the top. I'm sure they've got a plan figured out on how to control KKK.

As much as I'd love to see him run amuck, he's shot out and the rest of them know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2013 12:39PM by iflewover.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.