Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dosaymakethink ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 12:21AM

Is anyone going to the postmos meeting at Kafeneio tomorrow in Salt Lake City?

A few days ago I went on a date with a boy who I'd met from the support group, hardly knew him, yet he was persistent on trying to have sex with me. Even after telling him no and pleading with him to leave me alone, he wouldn't.

I need this community, I'm really struggling bad, but now I no longer feel safe attending the meetings as long as he's there. Is there anyone that could meet me there or at least stay by my side throughout the meeting so I'm not left alone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 12:22AM

I don't live near there, but I'm sorry for what happened, and I hope you find the support you need. What a jerk! He must still have the TBM priesthood mindset.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 12:25AM

I am so sorry that happened to you. I can't go this week because I am out of town. I can probably go next week, though. Keep in touch. I can be reached at jong dot 1064 at yahoo. I have only been a few times. But I am a woman in my late 40's, about 5 feet tall with shoulder length highlighted hair. I don't use my real name on this board, though.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 12:28AM

This is sadly not an issue unique to the RfM and various other LDS-related recovery groups. There are individuals that prowl AA, NA, and bereavement groups looking for emotionally susceptible people. In AA/NA, this type of behavior can be reported to the sponsoring organization, which will usually provide alternatives.

The LDS recovery groups are a little different, tho -- there's no sponsoring parent org, and the leadership is a lot more diffuse. If you have a friend you can attend with, that'd probably be the best.

Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 08:10AM

off the freeway and easy to find. First exit past Point of the Mountain. Just follow the signs to Cabellas. We're in the cafeteria on the 2nd floor. We always get a good, very diverse group.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 09:49AM

Yup, I second that. Good group, no drama.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 08:16AM

Hope you stay away from him after such a degrading experience.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.