Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 02:31PM

To be a TBM you are basically required to be a hypocrite. If TBMs push their church on you, harass you to join or come back to church, and tell you your own spiritual path (or lack thereof) is inferior to theirs, it's because their intentions are pure and perfect. But if any non-Mormon or exMormon points out basic, inarguable facts about their church, it's anti-Mormon drivel or straight from Satan and you are undoubtedly trying to ruin their lives.

Another common hypocrisy has to do with converts. The missionaries and members push and push and PUSH you to join. They lovebomb you, stalk you at home and work, call you, invite you places, and ask you within just a few lessons to be baptized. I was baptized fairly quickly and was praised to high heaven. They were so happy that I had "accepted the Gospel so quickly," I was so special and perfect, blah blah blah. Then when I went inactive, the rumors that went around were about how I shouldn't have gotten baptized so quickly and hadn't been ready, and I must have never truly had a testimony. Um, hello?! You were the same people who basically stalked me to GET baptized and praised how quick it was! If the missionaries are so inspired by HF, why did they ask me to get baptized so fast? Shouldn't they have known I wasn't ready? I've seen that happen to several other converts who also left. Whatever happens, it is NEVER, EVER the Mormons' fault. Ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 02:33PM by woodsmoke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.