Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:10AM

when he made *that* assertion in GenCon that gays are gay by choice because a God would not create gay people, was he listening to the wrong spirit, were those who edited him evil doers, or is Packer just a huge old c*nt who talks crap and who needs to be reigned in before the lid blows off the cult?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:17AM

Editing the words of the profits is nothing new for Mormons.

Hell, they edited the Word of God (in the BOM, and the "Doctored Covenants").

So changing Boyd's words is par for the course.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:40AM

Don't forget the Bible and Pearl of Great Price! They've edited those as well!

God needs an editor? Well, you know what they say, "To err is human."

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 12:57PM

Maybe we could begin to ask the question when we receive testimony of the One True Church.

Which edited version? There are so many conflicting and contrasting versions, I do not know which one you believe when you say that?

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 01:05PM

In BKP's case, there are a bunch of PR folks with big erasers following him around, waiting for his demise. Soon, mormons can simply consider him dead, and his words no longer of value. Mormon doctrine doesn't change by revelation or announcement, but by quiet disappearance.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 01:14PM

Years ago, Stalinist Russia would constantly be changing history. One day a man is a hero of the USSR, the next day the pages are reprinted and he is either omitted or labeled a counter-revolutionary or worse. The digital age, while making much available to us, also allows those like TSCC to constantly change their history and doctrines and unless you have old hard copies or copies saved on still usable hard drives or other medium, you won't note the changes. One day a man is the "prophet" and the next you will see he spoke as a man only. C'est la vie.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 01:48PM

I would go with choice C, Oz...yes, C. Huge, old Cvnt.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 03:21PM

I went on the "I sustain Boyd K. Packer" facebook page and posted "I don't", using my real name. Well, that displeased a few. I was asked why I would post such a thing on that page...and I replied I was just voicing an opinion as an ex-Mormon. Haven't heard any more from them...and they took down my post...boo hoo...

Ron Burr

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 04:39PM

God didn't use spell check in the first printing of the BOM so why did he use an editor later????

Oh, because it was all made up from someones imagination and plagerized from sources readily available in JS neck of the woods.

As far as editing goes....I had a Ricks college instructor point out that LeGrande Richards had read the "Nicene Creed" in Gen. Conf. then said "Isn't that the greatest definition of 'nothing' you've ever heard?"

My teacher noted that comment didn't make it into the Ensign's copy of his talk.

Guess they didn't want to offend the mainstream Christians...no, they just didn't want proof at how offensive Mormons really are!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.