Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 02:47PM

Sacrament" yesterday on September 21. As if anyone's going to actually do it and stay the whole 3 hours! This whole thing has flop written all over it!Especially since most of the population is TBM's anyway!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:23PM

You'd have to be nucking futs to bring a non-Mormon friend to Sacrament meeting.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:29PM

I agree, that's a good way to end a friendship.

Posted by: ftw ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:39PM

I remember a woman on my mission who said she liked what we were teaching, she liked us, but our church was boring. I thought it was a lame excuse, so I went to her church as well, and she wasn't wrong...

Even as a kid and a youth I wondered why we still had so much 1800 and 1900's kinda stuff going on. Like nothing had changed in a 100 years. The hymns, talks, you name it... we just seemed stuck in a time bubble.

Posted by: greenAngels ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:44PM

right after we left, we weren't sure what our plans were re: religion, i was an athiest but hadn't really labeled it yet and hubby wasn't sure which was fine with me..anyhoo, we went to various faiths and a couple nondenoms, without exception, EVERYONE of those churches was ten times for interesting than going to sacrament/primary/etc. My kids had youth pastors that were specially trained and loved working with kids, lessons geared for them, nice children's areas with nice new toys instead of the broken crap that gets donated in mormon wards. I still remember asking when the women had their sunday school class at one place and people looked at me like i was crazy. I was allowed to attend any SS I wanted to! Any worship service time I liked!! it was pretty cool

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.