Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 03:00PM

I walked into my living room as is my wont, and tripped over many gems of inspiration from my TBM wife's Morg activities. An interesting article from the DN caught my mind. Yes, Boyd KKK Packard was speaking at a youth conference on survival in an enemy world. Charming!

Another example of the cult behavior of "us against them!" And the "them" are all evil. The Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 04:35PM

Isn't organized religion, especially TSCC, mostly about us against them?

Question: Now that I've resigned am I automatically classified as a "them?" I don't really want to be a them.

Several years ago I had a conversation with a TBM neighbor. I said something about not having a sense of belonging regarding TSCC. "Well," she replied, "then we have failed you." Her reply put up an immediate barrier between she and me. In her mind I was a "them" rather than an "us." She may not have mean it that way, but it sure hit a chord in my soul. If she knew I'd recently resigned, I'd really be a THEM, an apostate THEM, an evil ex-mormon THEM, a someone to be shunned THEM. Too bad we can't all be US.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 06:46PM

Yes, Tom, I'm afraid that you and me are now classified as the enemy. We're both probably respectful, kind, friendly guys, but face it, we're now fucking apostates! Boner.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 07:30PM

That's okay by me. I'd rather be that than delusional TBM. And I am all those nice things, except when I lose my cool and redline. Then I'm a real asshole. It's a genetic thing ~ blind rage.

Posted by: Forestpal not logged in ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 05:21PM

Yes, I'm afraid that is the general feeling that I encounter in my Mormon neighborhood, with neighbors who were my close friends when I was TBM. I was and am a good, quiet-living person, and I never did speak out against the church, except on RFM and to other ex-Mormons. When the Mormons shunned me, it hurt my feelings, until I realized that this was just their standard way of responding to those who leave.

Still...7 years down the road, I believe that the Mormons are "against" me, in their heart. They want me to fail, so that their testimonies will be reinforced. They are longing to say, "See the terrible things that happened to the apostate Forestpal and her apostate family--this proves that the church is true!" They can use me as an example, in their faith-promoting stories.

Hoping for bad things to happen to you--this is not being your friend--this is being against you.

When I whined to my therapist about getting my feelings hurt by rude Mormons all the time, he said that I need to tell myself, "They are not my tribe."

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 05:26PM

I'll gladly be pitted against Boyd. I dont want him with me.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 05:31PM

I just can't believe that he is preaching this sh*t in spite of the huge probable the world is having with ISIS. This is the same mentality that these fanatical muslims have. Convert or die. You are with us or against us.
Does Packer not read a newspaper? Is he really that big of an idiot? Apparently so.

Posted by: outsider ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 10:17PM

I was going to say "Thanks god I left." but I remembered I'm an atheist.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 10:51PM

I relish the thought of being BKP & all his minions enemy...it is a righteous "calling"!

Ron Burr

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 10:55PM

Gotta demonize the folks having a pleasant life without all the guilt and burdens of Mormonism.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:28PM

"why does everybody pick on us poor mormons? We don't say anything bad about any particular religion..."

This is true, they don't single out any other religion. They just lump the non-mormon world into "the enemy." God, it's so nice not to have to live with that mindset anymore.

Posted by: ftw ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:51PM

well other than 'mother of abomination', 'whore of all the earth', 'church of the devil' and other kind phrases, they don't say anything bad about other religions :-)

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 04:07PM

PoGP, JSH 1:19

I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:39PM

As if this is going to the morg's cause any! Not likely! Packer an idiot if he thinks will believe his drivel.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.