Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 09:53PM

Whereas:

1. Everything the LDS church says about the afterlife is made up out of whole cloth.
2. Every doctrinal pronouncement is always subject to change with a revelation of expediency.
3. The church has suffered extreme social isolation and embarrassment among educated citizens over its discriminative efforts against homosexual rights.
4. The church greatly wishes to mitigate said embarrassments in the future and rewrite those already in the past.

Then Be It Resolved:

1. From now on Gay Marriage will be performed in LDS temples.
2. The couple so married will be promised to come forth in the First Resurrection.
3. Gay couples married for time and all eternity will rise to become beings of power in the universe, advisors to the design and implementation of universe- or world-building, revealers of truths and providers of love, comfort, and really cool gifts to infinite worlds; and their circle of love, joy, and connection will expand forever and ever, worlds without end. Amen.

All they need is a revelation. How does the church lose by doing something like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Forestpal not signed in ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:06PM

I'll admit that TSCC has me stumped on this one. I truly do not understand their thinking. How does gay marriage threaten the family???? Yes, how could the church possibly lose on having a "revelation" like this? They had a revelation for the blacks. How about a revelation for women?

Our only consolation is that we do want TSCC to lose, and we hope it loses more and more members because of its ridiculous homophobia and degradation of women. Lose-lose for TSCC, and a win for everyone else.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:22PM

I agree, and I would hate to see this revelation keep them afloat for more years.

But I think they will be here anyway, so I think they might as well be less hurtful and evil while they are.

Posted by: zaphodbeeblebrox ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:31PM

I've Always Thought that TSCC's Position on Same-Sex Marriage was One of Sour Grapes ...

If we can't Have What we REALLY Want, Then Neither can you!

I Actually Think that, Forcing them to Accept Polygamy, Might be The Best Thing, for All Concerned ...

You Know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 10:33PM by zaphodbeeblebrox.

Posted by: grandma ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 04:56PM

in a nutshell.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 05:05PM

Who do you think decorated the garden of Eden? some str8 guy?
and then who created the lone an dreary world.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 05:41PM

Yeah, it's strange. The church must be aware that it's "lost" the battle at this point.

I reckon part of the reason they're so reluctant to change is because they want to align themselves with the US Republicans and other Christian faiths. But surely it won't be long until those groups change their mind. There are already a few Republicans who have started saying they support gay marriage, and some Christian churches do them

Another factor might be that the church has fought so strongly against gay marriage even very recently that they don't think they can pull off a quick 180 (even TBMs will suspect that it's due to social pressure and not a revelation).

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 05:46PM

I look at it like this...how can an organization that considers D&C 132 to be God's will be counted on to get anything right?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.