Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 11:40AM

If the rumored reactivation of inactives push actually does happen, would LDS Inc also target resignees for reactivation?

Or are we evil apostates that carry the mark of Satan?

Or are we 'unknown' since our names no longer exist due to removal? I am guessing I am still in some type of database.

I would love to see some hidden cam footage of 18 year old missionaries. or their bishops, Sps, MPs etc attempting to have gospels discussions with some of our people.

That would be some serious entertainment that should be shared with the world through Youtube. Perhaps we will get some more people here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 11:43AM

It's possible, but it's also possible that the church would be open to lawsuits if that were the case.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 12:29PM

Yup. If they start harassing resignees, not only would they possible be courting a class-action lawsuit, but they would get horrible publicity for stalking ex-members.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 12:48PM

If they do try to reactivate, we need to organize. Not every ex-Mormon and inactive is on a board like this and we each need to pick 2 or 3 inactives we know and warn them they are a target. Also, give them some info to fortify them against the attack. We have to protect our people.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 01:38PM

First, I VERY MUCH doubt they would go after people who have officially resigned. Not only would this cause them a huge headache both legally and publicly, but they know it would be pointless. I'm sure they realize most of us are beyond the point of return and that we actually know the truth. In addition, we would be dangerous to the fragile testimonies of missionaries and other TBM's who approach us. Unless they are looking at print offs of old membership lists, members in a ward shouldn't have our names. Resigned members names should only show up in the database at corporate headquarters not in the local wards.

Second, I actually think the re-activation push is the only success Mormons are going to have these days, at least in the Western countries like the USA. They are finding VERY FEW "quality" converts these days, and I would say a majority of inactives are actually still believers. I've known a LOT of inactive Mormons who I didn't even realize were Mormons or still believed in it. Years later I find out they went back into activity. Same thing I discovered on my mission. Most of the inactives still believe deep down but for some reason or another don't attend. Some weren't ready to live the lifestyle, some just needed a little push or love-bombing, some have a "change of heart" after some life event (death in the family, having a child, marrying a TBM), etc.

Posted by: Anonymous Tonight ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 07:50PM

Or they have an affair...as DW did...and her TBM sister told her she HAD to go to the Bishop. Who, I wish, had ex-ed her and we'd at least not have active Mo-ism on top of all the rest of the heartache and humiliation.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 02:25PM

They could ask members for names to give to mishies and reactivation committees.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 08:41PM

Last December, on a Sunday night, way after dark, two men in suits showed up on my doorstep. They came two weeks after confessing to her that I had resigned. She didn't know that had been 13 years earlier. I waved them off through the glass in the door, instead of ignoring them, so they wouldn't come back.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 10:38AM

You're right. Mormon locals and mishies DO sometimes target exmos. It's a myth to say that resigning guarantees against reactivation efforts.

That said, it's still usually well worth it.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 02:32PM

It looks like they've been assigned to remember us as their friends.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: June 15, 2013 08:21PM

Here's an idea. Leave toilet brushes on inactives doors with a message that says, The Mormon church wants you to come back... and clean the chapel's toilets.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 12:26AM

I don't know about you guys, but the whole "The Rescue" will be/is a big waste of time. I don't care how many people or mishies, VTs, etc. try to get a hold of me to "bring me back"-it won't work!!

We know what we know now and how in the world does the church expect us to come back? Silly rabbit, once the shelf breaks- it can't be put make together! DUH!

Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 10:29AM

What they forget is that we all went away for a reason. I personally was offended by the offensive and off putting doctrine and low moral standards exhibited by Joseph Smith. Frankly I'm still offended and I don't plan to return unless they pay me cold hard cash and serve tequilla in the sacrament cups.

Everyone else here walked out for a reason. I doubt the cult will be able to address our issues.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 10:58AM

Unlees the big guy, jc, and the spook pay me a personal visit, I know with every fiber in a glass of metamucil, they couldn't resolve my concerns.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 12:33AM

My integrity isn't for sale. Go away.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 11:07AM

I just look at the concept as another really bad idea from people who just do not get it.

People that are being sent back to recruit people that left will be confronted with some very hard questions. Questions LDS Inc does not want their faithful to consider.

They are pouring gasoline on a fire.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.