Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 12:21PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 12:25PM

There's no such thing as "haunted." This is psychological and imaginary. Ghosts are not real.

Date: September 05, 2014 01:25PM

I live in a house where a murder occurred many years ago. The only spook in it is my cat, who is named "Spooky."

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 12:29PM

I wonder how many of those strange phenomena just happened to occur after the renters found out about the house.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 02:13PM

"There's no such thing as "haunted." !

No Father Christmas, No Deity intervening in man's affairs, and likely because he doesn't exist and now Hauntings are not real either.

Going to have to find something else for my mysteries of life. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 02:14PM by zeezrom.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 05:06PM

Wonder what would of happened if God spared ables life? No talks of bigfoot?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 05:18PM

You don't believe in ghosts? Well, my big brother told me that he could hear, late at night, the spectre in the attic. He said he heard the wooden leg on the attic floor....

Well, my big brother also kept a lion under our front porch. He had the girl next door terrified. Well, he would go downstairs to the basement with chocolate pudding to feed the lion. The girl was too scared to go down.

And I almost believed big brother about the ghost - even though I tried and could not hear the wooden leg.

Posted by: AthiestBill ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 05:19PM

yeah there is. I am an athiest post mormonism. I have seen supernatural phenomena, although I don't believe it is attributed to a God scenario.

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 05:37PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 07:41PM

ok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

Yes, it is Josh. Says so in the article.

Utah family flees former Powell home after learning of grisly past
Two months ago, Joanna Aeosana moved into the West Valley City house where Susan Cox Powell lived with her husband and two sons before she disappeared in 2009. Aeosana, who has since vacated, feels someone should have told her about the disappearance — and the husband's subsequent murder-suicide with their children — before she signed the lease.

FULL DISCLOSURE ... I thought it was supposed to be part of the deal. They were leasing. Not buying.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 11:14PM

The murder-suicide took place in Washington. Whether Josh Powell killed His wife in their home, or some other location, is not known.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 05:44PM

Cinnamint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The murder-suicide took place in Washington.
> Whether Josh Powell killed His wife in their home,
> or some other location, is not known.

Exactly. I suppose the haunting is supposed to be Susan Powell?

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:01PM

Yeah, thanks Susie.

I started following the story the day Susan Powell was reported missing.

Everything her husband said, did not add up at all!

From going camping in the middle of the night with two very young
boys, in the winter. No receipt from the camping office.
He also claimed she had a boyfriend, nothing he said made sense!

The saddest thing, how he ended. What an evil man he was!

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 07:42PM

Tell them that the ghosts will leave if the sing this song: "You make my eyes pop out of their sockets! For you, I'd empty all my pockets!"

(The song that the creepy father of Josh Powell wrote when thinking of his son's wife.)

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 11:26PM

Very sad case, all around, of course.

Date: September 06, 2014 05:15PM

I've seen strange things too, unexplained things. I don't jump to the conclusion that those are supernatural, though. They just didn't have ready explanations.

What you're experiencing when you get the shivers and think something weird is happening: HADD. That is the "Hyperactive Agency Detection Device" in your brain. We evolved to be hypersensitive to agents, and that's because detecting a real threat has extreme value compared to just detecting something like wind blowing, which isn't a threat. It's better to get spooked at something innocuous than to ignore a tiger!

This device has one disadvantage though. It makes some of us believe in ghosts, demons and.....gods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 05:17PM by rationalist01.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 05:57PM

Just think of all the millions of people who have died due to treachery. Wouldn't they all be expected to "haunt" their former abodes? That would mean just about every house on earth would be haunted to some extent. Funny how it is only the famous folk who get to announce their disappointment of their lives.

Posted by: trisha ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 07:49PM

People just lose all credibility when they believe in the supernatural. I wouldn't choose to live in a house that people had been murdered in, but I also know it wouldn't be haunted. I would just have a hard time not thinking about the grisly history.

Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 11:32AM

I am a very credible person, but there is something going on when so many people report seeing apparitions, ghosts, etc.

Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: September 08, 2014 03:17PM

I believe in energy for sure. And I believe that negative energy can be trapped somewhere. Therefore, I believe that a home where a murder took place can harbor negative energy. A ghost?? Probably not. At least not a spirit. But more of just bad energy. That's just my two cents.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.