Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 02:49PM

Why did you go to church today? If you were edified by the experience why are you on this website? If it was a waste of your time and you are here to vent (normal) or search for true answers (also normal) why do you still attend?

For me and my family, not attending such stupid mind numbing meetings is wonderful. Life is soooo much better without the LDS trying to ruin my life.

It is time for the LDS to attempt another HT & VT visit for their numbers. I am so looking forward to telling them once again to f*ck off. I love using 4 letter words when they show up at the door.

I also love wearing facial hair. Praise freedom from the CULT.

Once again, why the f*uck did you attend today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tightuntoadish ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 02:56PM

I had to. I'm actually in EQ zoning off with everyone else, except I'm not playing angry birds. I'm on RFM.

Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 03:54PM

Because you went to 3 hours of brain washing called church. Do not go next Sunday and your day will be so much better. I just sprayed some PAM Spray (Olive Oil) into the air and prayed to the LDS god of fairy tales and promised you in his name that if you obey the words of my mouth you will enjoy Sunday the day of rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 07:45PM by pewsitter.

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 03:43PM

It's OT, but if Sunday is the day of rest, why does it always require me to get up at 6am, get the kids up, fed, dressed get yourself dressed, usually change the kids clothes because they've gotten them dirty, scramble to eat something yourself and get out the door to be at church by 9?
How is it a day of rest if you're twice as busy and hurried as you are on any other day of the week?

Posted by: marcion ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 03:48PM

I used to ask myself that same question. Up at 6:00 be to bishopric meeting at 6:30, priesthood leadership, ward council, etc., then when I was exhausted, 3 hours of mind numbing meetings, then other demands such as home teaching, firesides, whatever.

Is it a little obvious that there is something wrong with this picture?

Only a cult does this to its members.

Oh, and don't forget to clean the toilets on Saturdays.

Best thing I ever did was quit going to church.

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 05:34PM

Sunday was always the most exhausting day of the week for me, especially when DH had a calling that required him to go to early morning meetings. Then, after all of that work getting ready, I would spend those 3 hours chasing a toddler around the halls or nursing a baby. Why do all that work to go to church and then spend the whole time in the foyer/mothers room?

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 07:39PM

Well lucky you to have a family that all left together! You have a lot to be happy about.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 10:08PM

I love going to SM. And laughing at them when they make glaring mistakes in morg doctrine. Plus, I have to go to SM, in order to get the mishies to mow my yard...

Posted by: antimarkite ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 11:49PM

Why indeed. I wish someone could understand how difficult that question is to answer! No clever retorts for me. Just the unbearable fact that I'm stuck. To straight up call it quits right now risks everything. My family life hangs by a very delicate thread, and to reveal my unbelief now could snap it and bring it all crashing down. So I move slow. A small conversation here and there. But for now I go to church and pretend. What else can I say. I'm stuck.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 04:54PM

I understand. I go. And I suffer it. Sorry that I'm not one of the strong ones who can alienate myself from my family to follow the truth. Maybe one day. Right now I'm doing what I can to survive with family in tact. I refuse to let it win. I will win. And I will take my family with me. And we will leave. We WILL leave. Together. Or not at all.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 04:59PM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 09:06PM

Mishies mowing your yard? Cool...they offered to help paint my house. I said, no thanks and thought to myself that I'd rather fall off the roof than have their help. Might have been bad thinking on my part. Couple of young men painting for free? And they wouldn't have had to wear "the uniform" I would thinK... could have been win/win.

Posted by: antimarkite ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 11:56PM

And it is never edifying. Embarrassing. Frustrating. Boring as hell. Mind numbing. Never edifying.

Posted by: magnite ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 05:01PM

TBM SIL posted on her FB page how great it was that her kid was sick so she didn't have to go to Church...really?

Rather have your kid sick than go to Church? If it is that bad... Why now just avoid the problem all together, just not go & avoid the poor sick kid complication???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.