Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonymousse ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 12:04AM

What are some well-phrased, simple questions that hit the pressure points of the truthfulness of TSCC? I think it helps when you bring up historical subjects that TBMs don't know much about, like DNA, comparisons between Romans and Nephites, or the Islam faith.

Some that I like:

-Why should I trust your book and prophet instead of the Quran and Mohammed, since they have similar claims?

-If the BOM is an ancient text, why does the Book of Mormon contain errors from the 1769 edition of the Bible?

-If the BOM says Native American descendants came from Israel, how come DNA evidence says they came from Asia?

-If TSCC is true yesterday, today, and forever, then why does your God change his mind, like on blacks in 1978? Would it have been the "right thing to do" to obey leaders before this change?

-If the BOM describes a huge advanced civilization that spanned 1000 years, why are there zero artifacts unlike the millions of Roman artifacts?

-Why is there a verse in Ether that speaks of elephants, when there were never elephants in the Americas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 12:34AM

They can answer each of those questions with the following: To test our faith, that's not essential to our eternal salvation, or that's all anti Mormon lies.

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 12:40AM

Cuz when yr on ether you'll see some crazy $4it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.