Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eliza-r-nope ( )
Date: June 08, 2013 03:26PM

I am a former mormon who left the church at 18, before receiving an endowment or participating in any temple ceremonies other than baptisms for the dead.

I'm now an art student in Oregon, working to create a body of work called 'Testimony' that attempts to address issues of self-esteem, purity, having an lds family, and my own identity.

I would like to make two pieces that require actual lds items and I'm having trouble finding them online. I'm wondering if anyone here has any leads on where I could purchase garments from a willing ex-mormon, or acquire a set of sacrament trays...?

More specifically, I am looking for a set of women's garments (XL) and a set of men's garments (M or L) to dip in porcelain and hang in my show as a portrait of my parents. (I could snag a pair secretly, but that's not ideal.)

The sacrament trays are less important, but I would like to make a mold of them in order to make a porcelain replica of each set. If you have any information on finding these, or even loaning them from someone that would be amazing!

Thanks so much,

Kate

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 08, 2013 04:30PM

I think the garments should have the shape of the naked body under them.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: June 08, 2013 05:28PM

...if you could, it would be great to get a male mannequin and dress him in an period-authentic Masonic or Mormon temple outfit. I have seen both in museums, and they are very similar. It should not be seen as offensive, I wouldn't think.

Title it; "Joseph's Masonic/Mormon Temple Outfit" circa; 1843-44.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.