Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 08:19AM

>>Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals "tend to come out later in life in socially conservative areas where stigma is higher," said researcher Gary J. Gates in an email. "As a result, they are more likely than those in more accepting social climates to have relationships with different-sex partners while young and some of those relationships produce children."<<

In other words, they did what the church wanted and tried to marry the gay away. And it didn't work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: takafumi ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 02:30PM

+100 There's lots of us here.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 08:46AM

Mormonism domesticates men. Men are raised to be fathers of large families. On your mission, you have to cook, clean and do your own laundry, so by the time you get a wife, even a stay at home wife, you have many of the domestic skills.

If you are an older sibling, you learn how to take care of small children. I changed diapers for my 2 younger brothers, and I learned to feed them, bathe them and put them to bed before I was 12.

Mormonism tries to instill the joys of family. Gay men seem to absorb this better than straight men, so it's little surprise that gay men want to have children when they grow up. Even if they leave the church and marry another man, they still want that little bundle of joy.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 09:10AM

First of all, I believe that a loving Gay couple can be just as effective parenting a child as a loving straight couple, and that a loving couple of either sexual orientation trumps a non-loving couple of the other.

That said, most religious people don't agree with me. They believe gays are these horrible hobgoblins that need to be kept away from children at all cost. This is their very reason for wanting to deny gays the right to marry or to adopt. So what do they do, they create a social situation that produces far more children of gay parents then gay marriage or adoption could ever dream of. Oh the irony.

Of course the key, as I said earlier, is a happy couple, and mutual sexual attraction is a key ingredient of having a happy couple. It is not the only ingredient, but it is a key one. So Mormons, by denying happy gay couples the right to marry and to then adopt children, create many unhappy fake hetero couples that raise children anyway.

It is religious values that are unnatural, and forcing unrealistic principles onto peoples lives is the path to human misery, not eternal happiness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 09:11AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 11:25AM

So, is the SLTrib trying to push BoydKKKPacker off the edge?

He probably spit his postum all over the newspaper this morning when he read this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.