Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:53PM

It has been made clear to me by many TBM family members that I have no right to share my issues with TSCC, criticize anything LDS, or debate controversial issues. Also, I have been asked to not share my new belief system.

But, they can do and say whatever they want.

I thought the premortal 'war in Heaven' was about agency?

Sometimes I want to disown every last one of them....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:00PM

Satan won the war in Heaven. This explains much about mormon authoritarianism. Too bad they aren't in on the joke.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:00PM

I honestly think this is because they recognize deep down that the whole thing is a fraud, but to be willing to confront that reality is more than their psyche can bear. As such, shutting down any possibility of conversation protects them from having to come to terms with the fact that they belong to a cult, run like a corporation, masqurading as a religion.

You are not alone, this is a very common theme

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:05PM

so you have to respect them but they don't have to respect you.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:28PM

I'm in the same boat and it's infuriating. My TBM in laws constantly "fellowship" me and testify to me after knowing full well how I feel about the church. And yet, when I try to rebut anything they say, I'm disrespecting their beliefs. Such hypocrites.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:35PM

The apologists for the vile, sinister, and evil LDS organization conveniently omit how much hurt and harm is caused by them.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:47PM

TBMs want a one way street but life is a two way street. Talk about dishing it out but not being able to take it. Maybe we make them think- and that is scary!

M@t

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 01:00AM

Just what I think. Life is a two-way street. I used to be continually frustrated by those people who would go on and on about what they think, but shut me down completely if I said anything about what I think.

Now, when this starts to happen, I just say, "Look, if you get to say what you think, so do I. So you get to choose: either give me that same consideration that you claim, or you follow the same rules that you expect me to follow. Either we both can talk about our beliefs freely, or we both agree not to talk about them at all. Which do you prefer?"

Then you'll get a very clear idea of who is worth your time, and who isn't.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.