Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NewPerspective ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 09:34PM

I've always thought he was a creepy guy. My NOM best friend loves him and thinks he's given really great talks. I told her I thought he was the next bkp and she was offended.
Weird.
Anyway. I think there's somewhat of a consensus on this board that Bednar is kind of the worst of the 12.
What's your reason for not liking him? Specific talks and such would be nice. Because while "creepy vibes" is why I'd tell people I don't like him, I could give her a better argument about why I don't like him if I could back it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 09:36PM

he has the appearance of being young & vibrant; in many ways, he's what TSCC needs.

on another note, TSCC has trained leaders Loyalty above service to members; it's as though they feel No Conflict when a member has been harmed by the Corp or another 'Royalty' member.

IOW, many if not most turn a deaf ear to member problems/situations, it's like they're ALL Brain-Dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 09:40PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 09:41PM

Creepy vibes says it all. I got such a weird feeling the first time I saw him on general conference. The last time that happened was with Oaks. There's something about that dude (Bednar) that polarizes people. I see evil, others see good. He will certainly be a force to reckon with as the years go by.

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 09:42PM

I've met him. I know people who are close to him. No question he is on the path to become the next BKP

Posted by: tshirtmaxidress ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 09:52PM

He is a prick. Played golf with him in a grouping once and we had a discussion on the WofW, tattoos, and piercings. Talked about caffeine and the sorts. He was hammering obedience and if The Lord wanted us with tattoos he would of created us with such. I asked how is a tattoo any different than fake boobs or any other elective plastic surgery? That stopped him dead in his tracks. Come to find out Sister B has fake DDDs.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 05:31AM

So sorry I wasn't there to hear the comment about tattoos being in the same class with fake boobs!

I would have LOVED to see his expression!

A relatively young and healthy candidate for the "new and improved" BKP is a scary thought. A Neo-Nazi coming up through the ranks.

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:14PM

Anybody who talks of pickles and divine tentacles cannot be good news. A missionary once asked to fake a family illness yo get out of work and listen to this guy.

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:23PM

We rightly make fun of the boredom at General Conference, but then make fun of any attempts to relieve the boredom. Bednar's pickle discourse and Holland's pulpit pounding are the only halfway interesting things to escape from correlation in the last ten years.

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:03PM

I'm not sure what it is about Bednar that signals "cold" or "soullessness". I hate to say it, since for all I know Bednar is a wonderful guy, but for some reason, he always reminds me of the Canadian serial killer Russell Williams. To me, he has the same look in his eyes.

See

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/images/williams_russell/russell-williams-6.jpg

Posted by: NewPerspective ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 11:07PM

Ooh reading about serial killers is always very interesting to me.

I googled photos of Bednar to compare with Russell Williams.
This was the first thing I saw:
http://universe.byu.edu/2013/03/03/not-shrinking-is-more-important-than-surviving/

I stand by creepy.

Date: August 31, 2014 11:59PM

You nailed that one! Same creepy feeling.

Posted by: anonymousgirly ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 06:39AM

Not in a good way...my stomach turned at that picture.
Good find, though, even if I'll never make it back to sleep tonight.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 09:03AM

They do resemble each other. Williams' story is so creepy, especially how he was doing all that stuff while being a base commander, and how he even flew he queen around in a C-17.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 02:11AM

And it's almost certain he will be the Big Cheese someday.

Date: September 01, 2014 02:22AM

Very, very, very scary thought, but there's a great deal of likelihood. Thank God I'm out!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 02:45AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4n3-j2PwU

This video of Bednar answering a child's question says it all for me in terms of the creep's creepy and arrogant manner.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 06:28AM

The young man is sniffing from nervousness. He is also walking with Bednar on an oriental rug that is worth at least $8000.00 brand new.

Why do they need a carpet there???
I think this whole thing was orchestrated for the camera and broadcasting.

Bednar is so typical of the nice Mormon man of this current time. He reminds me of how "nice" Maxwell and Monson were in their youth as 40 somethings GAs. It was weird to join the church in 73 and have the older women, the 40+ crowd tell me I must listen to Tommy and Maxwell and they were so wonderful to watch at conference and so cute and so over the top...I remember listening to them but finding the adoration of the RS women strange.

On the side of the youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4n3-j2PwU were other suggestions listed.

I saw three videos of Cooking with Ann Romney: Bunny cakes, Raspberry Roll, and Chocolate Roll.

I remember a Midsomer Murder show where the "Bunny Cakes" had an herbal ingredient that was illegal to have and made people very happy when they ate them. Just a bit of a skip across the pond and Bunny Cake becomes something entirely different!

But I'm sure the Bednar tape, when thought about, would be creepy even in translation into the European audience.

Do our friends from "down under" find this video disturbing too?

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 06:58AM

I hope you made it to sleep, anonymousgirly...

Date: September 01, 2014 05:14PM

LOL, thanks Talk! I did eventually.

Date: September 01, 2014 05:37PM

Tal. TAL. Oh, autocorrect...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.