Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:13AM

She had surgery on Wednesday of this past week and it went well. She had two lumps removed and no cancer was found in her peripheral nodes. She will see the surgeon this coming week and an oncologist and radiation doc mid month. But so far, she seems fine. I just spoke to her on Skype and she's in a very good mood today. Two of my sisters have been tending to her.

:D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:16AM

That's excellent news, Knotty. I'm sure it is a big relief to you. How has the move gone so far?

Date: August 31, 2014 10:32AM

We're moving into our new home tomorrow. It's kind of far out, but that's okay. We got it for a good price and the landlords are a nice older couple who speak English. I liked our other German house better, but there are some things about this house that are better than the last house. It's about equidistant to France and Switzerland. ;-)

We should be getting our furniture in a few days. Internet will be connected on the 4th, so I may be briefly incommunicado. Our cars should arrive on the 7th and at some point, we're hoping the boxes we shipped from Texas through the mail will eventually get here. They seem to be in USPS purgatory.

We still haven't gotten our security deposit back from our previous landlord, which doesn't surprise me. I'm hoping that doesn't cause issues.

My husband has already had his first TDY trip-- to Chad, of all places. I don't think he was impressed.

Our dog Zane got a rabies shot in early July and still has a knot where the injection was given, which worries me a little. Fortunately, our new home is in the vicinity of the same German vet we used last time we were here. I guess we'll pay her a visit.

Other than that, things are going decently so far. It's almost like Germany was just waiting for us to come back. Other people haven't had as easy a time.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:38AM

Back in my renting days I used to write off security deposits. Landlords always seem to go out of their way to find something amiss.

I don't think those knots are unusual, but hopefully one of our resident veterinarians will chime in. Checking in with your local vet seems like a good idea.

Date: August 31, 2014 10:53AM

The knots aren't unusual, but they usually go away a lot sooner than this one has. He's probably fine, but we lost our last two beagles to cancer, so I'm kind of neurotic about it.

I have never not gotten my security deposit back, though I won't be surprised if this time, we get screwed. The property managers that took over our lease are notorious for being ridiculous about returning deposits. The house is definitely in better shape now than it was when we moved in because the tenants prior to us were evicted and they trashed the house. We have photos to prove it, too. But as we are in Germany and they are in Texas, we may just write off the deposit and get on with our lives. That was one of the worst renting experiences I have ever had.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 10:54AM by knotheadusc.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: August 31, 2014 10:18AM

Sounds promising. Good luck to you and your mother!

Date: September 01, 2014 02:47AM

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 04:44AM

I am so glad to hear that things are going well. My love to you Mum and your whole family!

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 06:58AM

about the results regarding your mom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.