Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: El Stig ( )
Date: August 30, 2014 04:27PM

When I went off to the MTC in 92. My bish and SP both told me it'd be better I came home in a box than early. My wife doesn't believe that. Anyone else hear this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: August 30, 2014 08:12PM

So it's fair to say that Mormonism gives victims reasons to hate and blame themselves for their abuse. The popular book Mormon Doctrine declares, "Better dead clean, than alive unclean. Many is the faithful Latter-day Saint parent who has sent a son or daughter on a mission or otherwise out into the world with the direction, 'I would rather have you come back home in a pine box with your virtue than return alive without it' "
- Mormon Doctrine, Second Edition, Page 124

Posted by: libor_nli ( )
Date: August 30, 2014 10:33PM

I'm surprised she doesn't believe you. I cant even remember how many times I have heard this sentiment expressed. Yes, I was told this.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 30, 2014 11:23PM

TMC and its dirty doctrine and intentionally confusing and contradictory pseudo-science [of indifference; inconsideration towards fellow man; punishment = love; and going without in this life in order to live it up in the "next life"] is stultifying and morally and spiritually dehydrating.

These teachings and practices are absurd, creepy and devilish... not to mention hateful, and at times alarming.

If anything- it is one false church. It's not even a church. It's a fraud and a farce. A mediocre excuse for worship and more like a faulty social club and broken bridge to sainthood.

What "good" is a mission if you return dead, or early, in good shape, with one foot already out of the church. What use is living if "time" is more important than eternal life and endless praise of the one thing that matters: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness-peace-self/ God/ truth?

There is one mission in life. To save yourself - from the morons.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 03:44AM

Those words are just too heavy and threatening for any person to have to deal with, but especially youth still in their teens.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 11:29AM

It sounds like he was saying, "It is better you not go at all; its pretty bad out there; are you sure you want to go for the full two years?, positive?, hope to die, stick a needle in your eye?; you don't want to come back early. That would embarrass us all and you and the church and the family... AND you would lose all your friends, family loyalty-support-concern, your church brotherhood, love, support, and 'benefits' and be branded forever, judged, looked down upon (as less than); you will seem defeated and you will never be married or happy..." or, simply, commit suicide before the end of the two years.

Have they ever been good at predicting anything? Not ever - starting with JS and ending with the current day goons. This is a false god sand trap- good for nothing but fear mongering belittling and chastising. He/ TSSC/ most B's, SP's, MP's and all church leaders and many TBM parents and families don't want what is best for you but what is best for them, for the M-pr. The best predictors are they themselves going through an experience.

The world would be better without M-missionaries - going and telling the world they know something (secrets) that sounds right (w/o proof), AND, it is the only way through this life - and accompanying and resulting wasted time, dashed-dreams, uber delusions, hyped pr/ propaganda, historical lies & misrepresentations, misspeak and doublespeak, false advertising, all kinds pecking orders, free-form slavery and false promises - and so would the (would be) missionaries.

Wishing you the best, and ALL (especially young) Mormons/ missionaries, whether or not they serve/ served and whether or not they come back early. It takes courage to go and it certainly takes courage to come back when your mind/ the SSV tells you to.

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 11:35AM by moremany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.