Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 07:32AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 07:40AM

I have it in hard cover. But I love that people can read it for free. It's such an eye-opener about the early days of the Church.

Posted by: durhamlass ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 07:55AM

Thanks for the tip: I've just downloaded it.

Posted by: Good Clean Fun ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 08:31AM

Downloaded. Thanks!

I started this book shortly after my mission, many years before my disaffection. I didn't finish because it was so disturbing to orthodox me. I figured she must be lying, exaggerating, or leaving out important details (such as what she did to deserve poor treatment from the Lion of the Lord). But it added weight to my belief shelf.

I look forward to finishing it this time.

Posted by: smo ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 09:42AM

Thanks for the tip dog!

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 10:22AM

The Salamander Society library has a free version of this and several other books. I loved Tell It All and enjoyed the Bill Hickman autobiography.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/library

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 10:26AM by vh65.

Posted by: Laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 01:12PM

It was kind of forced on me and sat on the shelf for a year. I'm really enjoying it! The mystery is set in modern times, and has chapters of the 1875(ish) book woven in.

Posted by: crissykays ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 01:34PM

I read this book and the further I got into it the sicker I became knowing that I was taught how wonderful a man Brigham Young was all the while he was a real horror in life. Thankfully this woman had the gumption to write the truth as she saw it and wasn't afraid to do so. I think if I had been her I would not have been so courageous. I appreciate her strength and determination.

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 04:38PM

Thank you, have put it on my Kindle now.

Was browsing for other free Kindle books, don't think I'll be getting this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ensign-Church-Christ-Latter-day-Saints-ebook/dp/B00GI1Z1KY/ref=sr_1_42?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1409344450&sr=1-42&keywords=free+kindle+books

Didn't know you could get Ensigns on Kindle but, then again, there were no Kindles in my TBM days.

Posted by: saved by the board ( )
Date: August 30, 2014 09:18PM

excellent book....really describes what these ladies went through.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 07:24AM

Topping... still free today!

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 08:07AM

Just wanted to say thankyou for guiding me to this book. I have also downloaded a lot of others from the salamander site. I have expressed how I feel in another thread, but all I can say is that I am really really shattered by what I read. And whatever way I look at it, it makes sense and rings true. It is a long ime since I felt SO awful about something as I do about what I read in this book. And to think I was part of it, or at least a watered downvesion of it!?!! That just makes my skin crawl!!

Posted by: raisedbyjackmormons ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 11:14AM

I've wanted to read this for awhile. Thanks much for the link.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 01, 2014 12:02PM

I have a bound photo-copied version--terribly last century of me I know--that cost less than fifteen bucks. Same with Fanny Stenhouse's "Tell It All."

The Tanners have been making immeasurable contributions to correcting LDS revisionism, and if you don't get this one, there are lots of other selections.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.