Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 02:37PM

http://www.cracked.com/article_21450_5-successful-people-who-everyone-forgets-are-exposed-frauds.html

Because they can and Joseph could lie and get away with it.

Seems like no mystery to me that there are people out there who are successful frauds. There must be some fun in it if it isn't hugely enriching.

Who cares if Thomas Monson makes 1/2 a million dollars and other Fortune 500 CEOs make millions?

There must be something to it that drives people to perpetuate fraud on others and earn a good living doing it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:19PM

Monson makes way, way, way more than a half a million.

Lots of powerful people have their hands in the LDS cookie jar.

What most people cannot comprehend is the greed of many of the people, and the real shareholders and power brokers behind the scenes.

Most people simply want financial independence and security.

Not with these types of people. There is no amount of money that is satisfying. They are driven by greed, and will do unspeakable acts to get more money.

We see it all the time in old billionaires that finally deal with their own mortality and the guilt associated with their fortunes.

It is why we see so many of them make such huge donations to charity, and set up such large charitable foundations.

Date: August 26, 2014 04:43PM

deco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We see it all the time in old billionaires that
> finally deal with their own mortality and the
> guilt associated with their fortunes.

Um, I doubt any of the Big 15 are billionaires.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:56PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> deco Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We see it all the time in old billionaires that
> > finally deal with their own mortality and the
> > guilt associated with their fortunes.
>
> Um, I doubt any of the Big 15 are billionaires.

And Mormon billionaires are noticeably absent in the top 15. I think it has a lot to do with consecrating family fortunes to LDS Inc.

Larry Flynt has publicly stated that Mitt did not release his financials during his presidential run because, secretly, he is a billionaire.

I would submit that the Romney family is one of the original shareholders of LDS Inc.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 27, 2014 12:26AM

And Mitt wasn't a billionaire in the tax returns he did release? How does that work?

He didn't release his returns because he didn't pay any taxes in those years, and it would have been political suicide if the public found that out.

Mitt is wealthy, but he is no billionaire.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:22PM

I was cruising around on yo*utu*be and a saw a few videos from an exmo and came across a comment by Ne**wNa**meNoah. The comment was responding to a video about the GA's & MishPres not really having to pay tithing. Just review the MishPres handbook and review all the expenses they can write off before even thinking of paying tithing on their left over money.

Anyway, the commnetor said, "The Apostles make close to $2 million per year and that Monson is paid over $4 million per year. Plus you have all of these impressive perks and benefits on top of that.

Supposedly, this information comes from a friend that works at Zi**on's bank. The employee reviewed the incoming money into these GA accounts and it is very consistent month after month for the GA, Apostles, and for Monson. He claims the million dollar figures and amounts are accurate. Math isn't complicated if you can see deposits month after month.

So take that with a grain of salt but wouldn't be completely out of place given that the church receives $6 to 7 billion tax free consistently for their big real estate corporation. Don't forget the already invested tithing money and intereset earned from that last 100 years that shifts over to the for-profit business side or some cayman island bank account.

The post was made on "new**cara**bu" yo**utu**be channel with title "Authorities of the mormon church do not pay tithing. They are exempt"

I had to add "*" because I never know what word is supposedly banned in a post. Very annoying.

Posted by: nonutard ( )
Date: August 28, 2014 08:43PM

How many contracts and investments got to other Mormons and their firms? Ill bet millions.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:54PM

"Now is the great day of [their] power! [They] reign from the rivers to the ends of the earth." Sound familiar?

Money, power, fame, glory, and all the other things that the workerbees bestow upon them.

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:11PM

wanting to avoid paying tax on the money old codgers have...not because they feel guilty about how they earned that money! The next generation only needs so much money to be completely comfortable and cared for.

Perhaps some of them (Bill & Melinda Gates, for example) feel their Foundation can improve the world and they want to do good works....and there is certainly a tax incentive.

at least, that's my take on it.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:17PM

Anyone had a close association with a con-man? A man who loves money made easily and in any way and at any cost? A man who loves to keep the ruse going?

It is quite the roller-coaster experience, and it sure took me a hell of a long time, way, way too long, to accept the reality of the crap that I had shoveled at me.

Charming, handsome, self-assured, street-smart, beguiling, and a lover of the game are just a few of the ways I would describe this person. There is EXCITEMENT happening most of the time. There is the THRILL OF THE KILL.

I think there are many people in LDSInc. who live for this game. They also treasure and need a very high rolling life style and the image, position, and power it dresses them in, but I think playing the con-game sits on the tippy-top. They LOVE IT.

Date: August 26, 2014 05:28PM

LD$ Inc. is definitely a place to where if you can bull$hit and play the game, and spin the "truth" to always favor the church, AND you pay big tithing amounts then their will be a place for you. Eventually, you might make a top position, earn lots of money through various methods and just keep the faith, spin spin spin. It's the one place that you could be a church employee and be promoted from within depending on how good you are respected and much $hit you can shovel to the masses without them catching on. Inspire the saints and keep the money flowing. Dont' be too douchey but always promote the church and show your loyalty above all else to the corporation. Then, you might just find yourself delivering an already prepared and ghostwritten talk, perhaps written by a woman or from some other poor SOB that is a better word smith than you.

Posted by: Tiny Tears ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:23PM

You can get anything in this world for money.

Posted by: Been there, too ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 06:50PM

The Catholic Church / Orthodox Churches have been keeping the ruse going for nearly 1,800 years. Their motivation is wealth and power. They won't give it up anytime soon.

The LDS Church is a multi-billion enterprise with non-elected, lifetime board. It's leaders, and their posterity, have preferential access to LDS business contracts and appointments with no accountability to anyone. LDS leaders have incredible sway over the lives of millions of people--sometimes deciding who lives and dies, and deciding how one must their live. LDS leaders have substantial influence in state and local government affairs, and some influence over federal government affairs.

LDS leaders won't give up the ruse anytime soon. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. That is why I support Tom Phillips going for the top. They need to be held accountable for their lies and damage to families.

Posted by: Been there, too ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 06:51PM

Excuse the typos above. I should always re-read my messages before posting.

Posted by: Exdrymo ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 07:37PM

To quote Mark Felt/Deep Throat...
"Follow the money."

Posted by: jefecito ( )
Date: August 27, 2014 12:34AM

"Charming, handsome, self-assured, street-smart, beguiling, and a lover of the game" - I have to grin at the thought of this phrase as a description of the likes of BKP and friends.

Posted by: jefecito ( )
Date: August 27, 2014 12:52AM

When I was in grade school some friends and I found a bike lock by the bike rack and decided to keep it. The teacher later asked if anyone had seen it because a boy had reported it missing. I had it, but didn't speak up. Instead, a girl in my class ratted me out and when the teacher asked if I had it, all I had to do was simply return it. She wasn't going to punish anyone. Even though the lock wasn't important to me I tried to convince the teacher that it was actually mine and the other boy was lying. She did a simple test; which boy knows the combination. Of course the other boy did and I didn't. This was another chance to come clean, but I kept at it, claiming that he must have changed the combo somehow. The teacher had had enough and took the lock from me and gave it to the rightful owner. And the reason I remember this so well? Because I then cried real, bitter tears as though I had been the victim of some terrible injustice. I somehow had reached a point of really *feeling* like the lock was mine.
I think GAs have something similar going on psychologically. They have tried so long and hard to convince the world of an obvious fraud that fails every simple test that they just can't let it go. Facing up to the shame of having lied so stupidly, and in their case, at great cost to those fooled, is just too much to accept. So the lie has to be defended no matter how silly the defense becomes. (Of course the hero worship, $$$ and benefits don't hurt either...)

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 27, 2014 01:03AM

They'd be totally embarrassed if they ever told the truth.

Date: August 27, 2014 11:54AM

It's not confirmed but speculative that the GA's deed all their money, property, deeds, etc to LD$ Inc. So, if they did tell the truth they would be in financial oblivion and any number of law suits they'll have to fight for a very long time. Lawyers get expensive over the long haul. I life in and out of court and major public shunning. Not something any GA looks forward to. Not to mention the personl embarrassment and shame projected onto the GA by the morgbots (depending on their surrounding settings).

Date: August 28, 2014 11:24AM

Phazer Wrote:
> It's not confirmed but speculative that the GA's
> deed all their money, property, deeds, etc to LD$
> Inc.

If this were true they would publicly acknowledge it. It would be a selling point for this lobbiest/PR loving for profit corporation passing itself off as a religion.

They would be stupid fools to not highlight this "sacrifice" of their top leadership.

I don't believe it for a minute. Their property is not in LDS Inc.'s name and is deeded in the form of City Creek condos to them to own from their corporation.

They build a luxury mall surrounded by high end condos and deed themselves units in it. Sounds like what Jesus would do - create a living Sanhedrin for his apostles.

Date: August 28, 2014 02:33PM

Elder Berry wrote:

<If this were true they would publicly acknowledge it. It would be a selling point for this lobbiest/PR loving for profit corporation passing itself off as a religion.

>They would be stupid fools to not highlight this "sacrifice" of their top leadership.

There are multiple times in LD$ history in which the leadership wasn't very honest with the Federal Government. Do you think things have changed that much? Financial transparency went dark in 1959. Sure a house propery might be in Boyd K Packer's name right now, but have you read the language of his trust, will, or other legal documents that might take immediate affect upon death or exist legally in paraellel with their property? I haven't either but not an impossibility.

Anyone that went through the temple promised the church everything they would ever have in this life. Talents, money...whatever to building of the kingdom of God.

All of these top brass are in factuated about being announced a God in real life. We'll never know if the stiping earned is just some nice hush money. What they do earn and benefit from does help their families and extended families while they play nice and try to "inspire" the youth to continue to endure to the end and sending in those tithing checks.

As to why they don't continue to think and say, well shoot, Jesus never showed up for any of my apostle meetings...that's funny. Why is that?

That's beyond me. I don't know why anyone that high up whouldn't question the issue about Jesus being at the helm of the when clearly he is absent.

Tom Phillips figured it out and blew the whistle. Who knows what would of happened to him if he had stayed in there and then blew the whistle if we would have a better perspective.

Jon Huntsman, Sr OR Mitt Romney sure aren't interested being a GA and handing over their wealth, fortune,and fame in order to hang out with adult diaper babies.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 28, 2014 11:33AM

At a certain point it just becomes perpetual motion. I really think that has a lot to do with it.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 28, 2014 02:55PM

There's a sucker born every minute -- and usually in a Utah hospital.

Posted by: zombre ( )
Date: August 29, 2014 09:00AM

From what I understand even if TSCC did go away, their corporations would sustain a very their viable corporate holdings firm for many years.

The TSCC is was simply the seed got this huge business tree growing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.