Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shum ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 11:36AM

Finally got my letter from church that my name has been removed from the membership records of the church. Yahoo. I still wont get my diploma from BYU even though I have met all the academic requirements and I sure wont get an ecclesiastical endorsement now, but o well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 11:40AM

Transfer your valid academic credits to another university and move on to a brighter world.

BTW, congrats on resigning!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2014 11:41AM by Tom Padley.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 11:49AM

I am very happy for you!!!

:)

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 11:53AM

Much of the value in a degree should be what you learned anyway, right? And you have learned a lot not just from the classes, but from your fight to extricate yourself from Mormonism. You lost the letters after your name but you are smarter, stronger .... And now completely free of them.

A toast!

Posted by: caligrace ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:27PM

I got mine last week. I definitely feel a sense of closure.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:43PM

Congratulations. Welcome to the real world.

I'm out too - two ways: out of the gay closet, and out of the LD$ church.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:51PM

Too bad you'll have to pay additional money to transfer and get your degree but I can tell you that I'd pay quite a bit if I could put the name of another university on my diploma rather than admit I graduated from BYU. It will be worth it to you down the road.

And there is nothing like feeling the wrath and vindictiveness of BYU to make you realize you've done exactly the right thing by leaving an organization that pretends to adhere to the teachings of Jesus. Now you have the prefect example for explaining to people how you know that LDS, Inc. is NOT a church but a corporation and a rather nasty, money grubbing one at that.

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: August 21, 2014 03:29AM

Congratulations!

I'm sorry about the BYU thing, though. I guess the bright side is that you won't ever have to admit to graduating from BYU or hear the "Are you a Mormon?" questions that inevitably follow. But shame on BYU for holding transcripts and diplomas hostage just because people don't believe the lies anymore.

I wish you all the best in your new life as an ex-Mormon. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.