Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cienfuegos ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 09:59AM

Well, yours & my share alone is 5K tonnes each, Or I'm overestimating?

The real question here is....
Is Jeesus gonna show up before some of you see Florida no more?

I've done my part abundantly...with Land Rovers, FJ's, Jeeps....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 10:15AM

I wonder how much CO2 emissions could drop if every living creature held its breath for 1 minute, followed by no running, jumping, fighting, breeding, panting on stranger's phones and shouting.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 10:27AM

I do this for one minute each day to reduce my carbon footprint

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 10:28AM

But I do like the "panting on the phone" for a source of CO2.

And, just for the record, I don't buy into anthropogenic "global warming" "climate change" "yet-to-be-specified catastrophe" whatever. Too much manipulated (and, on a few occasions, fraudulent) data. And my understanding is that co2 correlates to climate change as a following phenomenon, not a causative one. The most consistent prognosticator is sunspot activity.

Posted by: cienfuegos ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 10:35AM

I believe we humans created massive Co2 increase but no matter what we do the fate of the Planet will prevail.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:10PM

cienfuegos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe we humans created massive Co2 increase
> but no matter what we do the fate of the Planet
> will prevail.

Which if except for the small fact that there will be no people.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 01:46PM

Yeah, I love this one: man is causing the polar ice caps to melt!!!!

We must be powerful, because the polar ice caps on Mars are melting too!

Where does the most methane come from? Volcanic activity and the tectonic plates moving!
Man is all powerful! He moves the earth!

Now in reality I love scrubbers on saw mill factory chimneys, you get the sweet smell of the wood burning without the choking, stick to the back of your throat and make your eyes water all day pollution.

If the countries of the world who want to industrialize just do those simple measures to make sure their factories aren't polluting the air, wouldn't it be nice?

Or Henderson,NV not wait until after working hours to spew their garbage...or maybe the inspectors who are supposed to shut down plants for pollution violations could work a swing or graveyard shift and do their job....

So yes, and no, man is not helping the environment in the crowded places where millions insist on living on top of each other like ant hills gone wild.

Also in the geologic record it clearly shows the earth does twist around on it's core every 12,000 years or so.
The Black Sea used to be a lowland river valley. The Mediterranean, sea of weeds, there were glaciers up north when Egypt was building some of their cities that are now eighty miles from the original bank of the Nile.

In Maine, there are fossilized trees off shore, found at very low tides. It used to be you could walk from Nova Scotia down to New York City, straight on dry land through a very lush forest.

Call it climate change, or weather change, or a rogue planet pulling the earth out of whack, our land is changing.

One thing that amuses me is the church's buying of Florida. With all the sink holes, do you think their assets are sinking???

Posted by: exmo59 ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 03:51PM

Of course, doesn't matter if we are causing global warming or whether it will be the end of us.

None of us are willing to change out lifestyle. Hell, even Al Gore has to have a couple mansions and fly his jet around preaching that we should reduce our energy consumption.

Why isn't he on a bicycle?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.