Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: johnstockton12 ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:08AM

And no tommy m. cuz he hasn't done nothing. His sin is the sin of ommision.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:12AM

Brigham, hands down. He had several decades to be a dictator.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:15AM

I think 'being the prophet/president' has been significantly toned down/diluted along with church & 'doctrine' in general.

some people like JF Smith would NEVER fit in today, imho.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:24AM

Spencer W. Kimball turned masturbation into a slippery slope to gay orgies and turned a lot of families against their gay children (mine included) with that whole bit about homosexuality being next to murder, thing.

How many gay suicides do you suppose the "little factory" churned out?

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:25AM

Gordo (The Salamander) Hinckley.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:38AM

Joseph Fielding Smith set the church back 100 years with his idiocy. He was Mr. Anti-evolution, Anti-science, judge first and ask questions later, sdelf-righteous, small-minded DUMBASS. Mr. "Answers to gospel questions" whose answers were racist, bigoted, and cocksure. It's him we can thank for the McConkies and Bensons and Packers having such power in the church.

Read his manual. He was a real creep, loved to call names and obsessed over the most petty crap like "cussing" "modesty" and "sabbath day observance".

Not a Christian and not much of a man.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:53AM

thanks/agree.

It's somewhat a miracle that a 'softie' like DOM made it to the top so soon afterwards, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2014 12:53AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Lori at 52 ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 01:00AM

Some trivia I just can't purge out of my head even though it's been over 30 years.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 09:45AM

Yep, that's the miracle of 'selection by age'

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 03:18PM

It's actually a miracle that DOM was president before JFS. What a contrast. They were called about the same time and were rivals for 50 years.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 12:39AM

Date: August 20, 2014 01:03AM

It's amazing to see the difference between Joseph F. Smith--a gracious and modest and intelligent man--and his "darkies are wonderful people", titty baby, kiss-up-kick-down, pharisaical son Joseph Fielding Smith.

Maybe he got it from his mother's side?

Posted by: goojabee ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 01:39AM

James Strang

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 10:02AM

Pffft! Bwahahahahaha!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 03:20AM

Just wait for Packer to sit in the big motorized chair.

He may be old, feeble, and out of touch with reality. However, I would bet there is a a very long to do list that he has had for a long, long time.

I so hope he outlives Monson.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 04:24AM

don't let the zombie look fool you.
that fat pig knows about the truth and prefers not to disclose it. the rest of the prophets are already dead so who cares.

of the 12? packer. he's one son of a bitch greedy bastard. offensive prick picking on people for no reason. die already.
he looks like the 'emperor' from star wars too. that's a dead give away.

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 04:26AM

I have to say that Gordon Hinckley was really nauseating

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 09:46AM

I was really troubled by GBH and his smooth PR ways. Bruce R. McConkie and Joseph Fielding Smith may have believed some weird stuff, but they weren't afraid to publicly proclaim that they believed it. GBH on the other hand. "I don't know that we teach that." Ugh.

Date: August 20, 2014 03:03PM

Hinckley wasn't really smooth. Only Mormons thought he was smooth.

Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 03:15PM

He was obviously lying, even I saw that as a teenage TBM. I credit him for showing me that there is absolutely no mystic in the prophetic calling.

Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 03:14PM

He wasn't smooth. He was the reason I started believing that there is no reason for a prophet.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 07:02AM

Didn't know him very well until this forum, but Joseph Fielding Smith was an awful man.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 08:21AM

I don't know a lot about what the prophets between briggie and swk taught, so I will pick Spencer w Kimball. For such gems as "you would be better to die fighting than lose your virtue in a rape" and his full out assault on normal human sexuality that has caused so much unnecessary grief and confusion for so many young church members, he deserves a special seat in hell.

Date: August 20, 2014 03:14PM

I've got to go with Kimball as well. He really got carried away with the unique gifts that he supposedly had. His personal disgust with sexuality was only the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 08:40AM

Heber C. Kimball.

Partners in polygamy, crime and secrecy with Brigham. Sold his daughter into sexual perversion so that he could justify himself participating in the fraud.

Thought so much of his partner in crime that he named a son Brigham.

Heber, the great enabler of the kingdom of Brigham.

Posted by: cienfuegos ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 09:26AM

Posted by: cienfuegos ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 09:42AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 09:57AM

Nephi - he led an entire civilisation to extinction.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 10:09AM

There was a time I idolized Hinkley. When he did his interviews and started backtracking on basic LDS doctrines that I had been raised with as absolute truths I had a major WTF moment. Its like I had just received my decoder ring and realized what a sham it all was.

Date: August 20, 2014 10:26AM

In my mind hinckley has done the greatest service to the church of almost any prophet.

Why, you ask?

Because he revealed the great evils of the RAVE scene to a generation (even if raves were kind if passé by the time he revealed them it makes no difference)!! Pacifiers, diapers, loud music!!!! Thank god for his prophetic calling.

And let us not forget the celestial earring and tattoo guidance.

How can you think of him with anything but deep gratitude?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 11:42AM

The Hinkster gets my vote.

His words and actions, think the Hoffman Affair, Mountain Meadows Monument involvement, countless outright HUGE-SINISTER-REHERSED-GRINNING-MONUMENTAL-LIES on national television, wasting untold billions on cookie-cutter-temples, were calculated and evil, often hurting others deeply.

And, in my book, HE COULD HAVE CARED LESS.

He was a modern match for ole Joe in the sleezy con-game. I think he lived to play this game, and he played it well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2014 11:44AM by presleynfactsrock.

Date: August 20, 2014 02:48PM

Excellent point there. Hinckley obviously relished his role as God's deceptive stage manager. He thought he was the cleverest man alive.

Posted by: redfeather ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 02:50PM

All of them.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 04:13PM

He lowered Missionary ages.

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 04:15PM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 05:27PM

He's the one who institutionalized and set in stone catering to and covering up for fundie plyg groups that is still going on today.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 07:46PM

Very good reason to choose him. The State of Utah has been enabling polygamy since it was created. Pure evil. The State of Utah is run by Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.