Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: November 19, 2012 09:44AM

"Have you ever heard something a million times and nothing changes until it is said another way?

I've used cigarettes for years. Many of my patients are dying of lung disease...

4 days ago, one of my patients who knew I used cigarettes told me this.

"no person wants to use cigarettes. They kind of want to quit but never do. They "try". I was the same way until I was diagnosed with cancer. Since that moment, I was sorry I ever did it and saw how stupid it was. I never wanted a cigarette again. I didn't crave one ever again. After over 40 years of using cigarettes, I quit like that. But the damage was done. You will leave here and want a cigarette and light it up. But if you can imagine that moment where you are told it's too late, you can quit now. Don't try...just do it. Nobody wants to use cigarettes. Imagine that moment and you might just be able to live a good and long life with your children.".

I haven't used cigarettes since Tuesday. I still have some cravings (like when the power goes off and you flip a light switch before you realize it won't work), but they pass quickly.
This patient really changed my life..."

So very powerful. My daughter will graduate U, she is pretty smart girl, I tell her to quit, it's like people are hellbent for self destruction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: November 19, 2012 01:30PM

Your welcome :)

And thank you...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.