Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 09:59PM

I'm currently reading this

http://mormonisminvestigated.co.uk/2012/09/01/john-dehlin-interviews-tom-phillips/

and it has this quote from Emily Partridge:

Emily, if you will not betray me, I will tell you something for your benefit.’ Of course I would keep his secret...he asked me if I would burn it if he would write me a letter.

It goes on from there. But every time I read something from one of these girls JS comes off as such a sleezeball. He just seems so slimy in the way he talks to these girls. One of the church's biggest problems is Smith's own words. I don't see how anyone could read the things he said to these girls and not just get completely grossed out by the guy. Complete scum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 11:05PM

And that would be why the church doesn't want anyone on the internet.

They've done a damn fine job of keeping JS in hiding since the beginning. They never saw the internet coming at them.

Until just a few years ago most of the info. about Joe could only be found in archives, records, and libraries that most people didn't have access to. That worked very well for the church. Anyone who had the audacity to do the research was bullied into silence, or ex'd. The church has been brutal toward the truth seekers and tellers.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 06:27PM

If you want to get a really clear picture of JS and his cunning, charisma, stealth, and sly power . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Nauvoo-Polygamy-called-celestial-marriage/dp/1560852011/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352589880&sr=8-1&keywords=nauvoo+polygamy

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 07:51PM

And that's why its best for the Mormons to not study the history of polygamy. The devil's in the details.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.