Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 10:18PM

It's easy, folks. Where have you been all these years?:

“An economic depression would be grim but it would not change the reality of immortality. The inevitability of the Second Coming is not affected by the unpredictability of the stock market.

"Political despots make this world very ugly but they cannot touch that better world to come.

"A case of cancer does not cancel the promises of the temple endowment.

"'Thus the things of which we can be most certain are also those things which matter most. . . . We can have a bad day but still have a good life. We can have tribulation but see it paled by the resurrection. . . .

":All that matters is gloriously intact. The promises are in place.'"

("Notwithstanding My Weakness," by Neal A. Maxwell, at: http://www.cumorah.org/libros/english/Notwithstanding_My_Weakness_-_Neal_A_Maxwell.html#17240_)
_____

Translated: The Mormon Church fixes everything (and if you believe that, I've got a copyright in Toronto I'd like to sell ya. See: "Why Did Joseph Smith Try Selling the Book of Mormon Copyright?," at: http://www.i4m.com/think/history/sell_bom_copyright.htm)

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 10:53PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 08:14PM

I know this is true for my parents. They are in a bad way right now financially (they made some bad choices but hey god told them to at the time) and yet the church keeps hitting them up about tithing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.