Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 09:03PM

He must have a lot of spare time since he was let go from that apologetics gig...

I don't know why I even thought of him just now. (dry ironic tone)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 09:08PM

I hear the new Krispy Kreme donut franchise near his house is doing a raging business.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 10:14PM

Actually, I think he's working there.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 03:36PM

Arrrr... he discovered the new naturally glazed, guilt-free ones, did he?

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 09:14PM

Donuts! Circular logic, arguments full of holes... Very appropriate!

I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 04:18AM

spaghetti oh Wrote, in part:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut. I'm not sure
> how I feel about that.
========================================
Oh, oh, oh!

Delightful, delicious, delovely, decadent things!
The very best donuts anywhere, IMO.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 02:55AM

He now splatters his every waking thought and musing on a personal ego massaging blog at 'sic et non' (pronounced Sick Ate None).

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 04:24AM

Actually Salt Lake Donut Company's donuts are the best in the USA. They make crispy creme's look like some cheap bakery. Ig you go to SL Donut, get the big chocolate cake donuts and see if you agree with me.
They also used to sell these at Dan's Food in SLC if you still have that. ORGASMIC FLAVOR!! I miss those more than anything in Utah except Mt Olympus.........true!

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 03:25PM

I visited Denver from NZ last year. One of the crazy experiences was seeing entire shops dedicated to one junk food item. Just looking in the windows at cheesecakes or donuts by the hundred was amazing. We just still have 'bakeries' (some Aucklander may put me right though). Shop after shop filled with a single confection. Amazing. We kiwis are the second fattest people in the world (most of our ancestors survived long sea voyages of some type - the survivors had a tendency for fat storage) - i hate to think what would happen to us if we had industrial dessert shops next to the KFC & MacD's . We do quite well enough with starchy foods, butter, bread, and coconut milk as our staple diet.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 06:46PM

When I stayed with Maori friends in NZ, I was a little amazed at how much and how often they ate. There was even a full trifle bowl just before bed. And all the dairy has to add pounds, I suppose. But I do love the cheddar, and the ice cream.

But the people in the community seemed to be very physically active, always on the go, and doing sports etc.. And the weather is cool there all the time, so the calories helped keep them warm, and healthy.

I was disappointed when I visited bake shops in Auckland and Northland, tho (this was in early 80's). I expected that the confections would all be made with real cream, but found that most of the pastries used artificial creams!

I suppose I may have missed the better shops, I dunno. But I figgered a village shop in Warkworth, or wherever, would have real cream pastries.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 06:47PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 06:48PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.