Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: October 15, 2012 04:55PM

I think you need to ask yourself just one question; IF the Mormon church was not true, would you be the kind of person that wants to know that? Your other post was deleted and I didn't get a chance to ask that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 04:56PM by foundoubt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 15, 2012 05:02PM

She said she wasn't the kind of person who wanted to know: she claims to have heard all the arguments, demanded proof that her cult was not true, and testified that her way was the "worthy" way.

I'm sure all her sistern in the Relief Society will bow their meek heads in agreement with her when she stands to bear her testiphony about she righteously rebuked all of us here, and we mocked her and her Gawd.

These are people who imagine that a tight sphincter makes an attractive hat.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 11:29AM

"These are people who imagine that a tight sphincter makes an attractive hat."

OMG Thank you xyz. Funniest line ever. I am howling so hard I think I have unclogged all my arteries.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: October 15, 2012 05:05PM

I would be interested in any evidence that the Mormon church is true that is UNIQUE to Mormons.

Feeling the Spirit? Nope that's not unique.
Answers to prayers? Nope that's not unique.
Miracles? Nope that's not unique.

What reasons does a Mormon have for believing their church is true vs. other people believing their church is true?

If they have nothing unique what makes them so confident they are right and the others are wrong?

What is different vs another Christian sect or Islam or a tribal religion in Africa. These people believe their religions are true just as strongly based on exactly the same criteria...

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 11:13AM

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 11:18AM

She was trolling.

Date: October 16, 2012 12:24PM

Now, now.

I still think she needed the story of "how she came to rebuke us but we stood in our great and spacious internet building and mocked her and the faithful" for her Relief Society lesson next week on how to make a Lehi's Dream Iron Rod To Display In The Home with dowels, yarn, an apple tree branch and some metallic gray spray paint.

Date: October 16, 2012 12:27PM

Lmao! She was trolling though, she said so in her first sentence :P

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 01:00PM

You would have made a *terrible* Relief Society sister, xyz. A worthy sister must make use of items she has in her possession. Buying dowels is 'spensive and that money could be donated to Mormon Jesus' next real estate development.

If you had the true spirit of Relief Society in your bosom, you would have known with every fiber of your being that Lehi's Dream Iron Rod spectacular calls for tampons.

Sister Curious will finally earn the coveted title of bestest homemaking project leader in the whole corporation by her inspired choice to celebrate Smithmas, errrr, Christmas with the tampon nativity. Just between you and me, she's in the design phase of tampon-Joe in the sacred grove with tampon-Mormon-HF and tampon Mormon-Jesus.

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/nativity.html

Date: October 16, 2012 01:02PM

Hahahahahaha

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 01:04PM

lol I want one of those!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 16, 2012 01:07PM

LMAO. God everybody is funny today.

Date: October 16, 2012 05:13PM

Though I did almost win a Halloween costume contest the year I went as Duchess Fergie Getting a Divorce/Buying pot From a Palace Guard/Fighting for Visitation Rights With Her Daughters, it's true what you say: I could never be a good enough RS sister because I always forget the flippin' tampons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.