Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jenn ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:28PM

Sorry to post an off topic post all about myself, but you guys are the smartest people I know. Heres my symptoms:
Extreme fatigue- I can sleep for 14 hours and still wake up exhausted.
Weakness-Sometimes it is really hard just to lift my baby
Pelvic Pain
Emotional distress-crying, anger (although could be a side effect of fatigue)

I have been taking iron supplements for about a month.
No I'm not pregnant
Doctor called today and said all my blood work is normal. Ok so thats kind of good news but I still feel horrible. I also missed 4 days of work including an important meeting and now I don't know what to tell my boss. I'm also scared to tell my husband because I don't want him think I'm faking this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:31PM

Ask for an abdominal CT scan with contrast. Just to make sure, you know.

You may have a hernia. You may have a tumor.

Or you could be depressed. So talk about that with your doctor.

Depression can be expressed just as you described. Pains seem worse when you are depressed. Some people can't sleep and some people just want to sleep. Fatigue is common with depression.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:38PM

Good advice, please bother your doctor. They will brush you off if they can. You have to be persistent. And if your husband doesn't believe you, he is falling down on his job as a good husband.

Posted by: ava ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:37PM

How old is your baby? Could be post partum depression, very common. And babies notoriously don't sleep. Are you the only person who gets up with the baby? I would come up with a sleep plan.

Thyroid issues can cause fatigue. I would also take fish oil and vitamin d.

good luck! Sometimes it takes time for doctors to figure it out (if they do). Be an advocate for yourself, take a friend to the doctor and a notebook. Get a second opinion. Taking care of yourself will take care of your baby...

Posted by: jenn ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:42PM

See you guys are smarter than my doctor. My baby is 14 months old and I did have post-partum depression. I did take zoloft for about 4 months. My mama was thinking thyroid issues too, but I was tested for it. I have a second opinion doctor appointment tommarow. Although I am happy that everything came back good I don't know what to tell my boss and I still feel horrible.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:46PM

Thyroid issues can be hard to diagnose. There's a whole panel of thyroid tests, and you can show up fine on one and and severely hypothyroid on another. Get a second opinion, try to get a full thyroid panel done, go to an endocrinologist if you have to. My first thought after reading your symptoms was thyroid. Some people don't have trouble getting a diagnosis, for others (myself included) it can be a long and frustrating journey.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 02:46PM

Pelvic pain caught my eye. There can be lots of causes, but sometimes after childbirth the muscles in the pelvic floor can flare up and get trigger points. Our local hospital has a pelvic pain clinic. A trained physical therapist can do wonders. You can research 'chronic pelvic pain'. One problem with pelvic pain is that it is often felt in a different area than is causing it. It shows as 'referred' pain. Pelvic floor muscles often cause pain to be felt in the perineum or rectum instead of where the problem really is.

The fatigue is a real concern. There is nothing normal about sleeping 14 hours. Doctors have a terrible time diagnosing and dealing with it. It can a simple fix like thyroid or anemia, or it can completely beyond understanding, as with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. All you can do is rule stuff out.

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 03:50PM

You may not be getting good quality sleep. Do you get morning head aches?

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 04:20PM

Why would your husband think you're faking it? He sounds unreasonable.

Between having a small child and trying to hold a job while having physical symptoms, you have too much on your plate.

If at all possible, stay home for a while.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 04:23PM

fatigue is reaaaallly hard to find a cause for once the basic stuff has been ruled out. Maybe you should talk with an ob/gyn about the pelvic pain to rule out reproductive organ problems.

Posted by: Never Mo In Florida ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 04:41PM

Thyroid was my first thought. Low B12 levels is the second. I'd ask the dr. to check B12 and hormonal levels.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you what you're feeling is not real. All my blood tests came back "normal" and I had extremely low b12. Just because those blood tests are "normal" doesn't mean nothing is wrong. It means that you and your doctor(s) need to continue looking for a cause.

My best to you. I hope you and your doctor can figure this out soon. Be persistent. You are your best advocate.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 06:32PM

I was thinking adrenal fatigue or low cortisol. This can mess up your ability to use thyroid hormone and maybe even low thyroid could be causing this. And I agree with the B12 as well (Never mo in Florida).

Read more here: http://stopthethyroidmadness

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.