Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anoninnv ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:39PM

I've got #2, #3, and #4. I'm working to get better, though. I don't blame it completely on my environment. I had OCD to begin with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 03:00PM

Wow. Just wow.
F*cking SPOT ON!!!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:28PM

#1 and #2 fit me better than any horocope sign or anything. I've even had people tell me that I beat myself up.

I remember being on edge, because a meaty adult hand could swat me at any moment. It was so bad, I ran away at age four and was brought home by the police.

Mormonism was the frosting on the cowpie. The priesthood justified everything. "Just wait til your father gets home, you little brat!"

Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 08:37PM

I can't finish projects for the life of me! This makes sense... being told that your lazy every day no matter how hard you worked has it's effects... (affects?)

And #1! My mom is a stress case. She gets irritated at the slightest things. Now when other women (like at work) act like her I avoid them at all costs because it gives me anxiety. However, I'm very good at telling when I'm being that way and I knock it the hell off because I know how much it sucks being around stressed out people. I'm intuitive to others moods in good ways too, so it's not all bad.

Posted by: Babylon ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 12:16AM

I was just discussing this article on my facebook. #1 and #2 fit like a glove, and I've been through all of the others as well. I can't help wondering how much of it was instilled in me by my workaholic father and food-addicted, narcissistic mother, and how much was instilled by the church. Or are dysfunctional families like this enabled, even fostered by the church and its culture?

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:07AM

Nice article! I wish there was more stuff like this out there. And that dysfunctional (mormon) families were forced to face it. See what you're doing to your kids???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.