Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 02:19PM

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kiwimormon/2014/08/church-leadership-and-the-dilemma-of-dementia/
someone in the comments claims that Uchdorf is too charismatic and the leadership is pulling stories that are about him. It is detracting from the adulation of Monson!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 07, 2014 02:30PM

"I know for a fact that the brethren have been very concerned at the popularity of President Uchdorft as it detracts from the adulation given President Monson and have actively sought to pull stories from the media about Uchdorft. There are smoke and mirrors here - its not the rosy innocent picture that you seem to be suggesting."

Date: August 07, 2014 02:30PM

"I know for a fact that the brethren have been very concerned at the popularity of President Uchdorft as it detracts from the adulation given President Monson and have actively sought to pull stories from the media about Uchdorft. There are smoke and mirrors here - its not the rosy innocent picture that you seem to be suggesting."

Date: August 07, 2014 02:32PM

sorry for the unintentinal double post!

Date: August 07, 2014 02:32PM

sorry for the unintentinal double post!

Posted by: fetchface ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 05:45PM

That's okay!

Posted by: fetchface ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 05:47PM

Oh man, I was trying to be funny and post "That's okay" twice but the forum wouldn't let me. Makes me wonder how you got away with it...

Posted by: already gone ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 04:39PM

My computer was being weird...I have no idea why it was posting everthing twice...LOL

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 05:11PM

Uchdorft is being quoted ... I don't even want to re-look up the quote ... but it is a quote about picking yourself up and trying again.

my SIL posted it (so I gave it two seconds of attention) but it seemed too canned ... and too COMMON KNOWLEDGE kind of stuff to be really "quote-worthy" ... so I gave it a couple more minutes of attention.

After two MINUTES of googling I replyed to my SIL's quote the exact reference and page number and ISBN number of the non-mormon who originally said the "quotable" quote -- and it was published in 2002.

GAG ... my anti-mormon sentiment was almost instantly deleted. Nothing from SIL at all ... just head-in-the-sand sheep. Uchdorft is still the GREATEST !!!

Posted by: ALREADY GONE ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 05:16PM

There are people commenting "no way! There is not, or has never been, jelousy with the bretheren!!!! I know cause the spirit told me!!! They don't care about popularity!!!"

LOL

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.