Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 05:31PM

I understand how it feels. And, I want to give you a little hope.

The more that time passes, the more it starts to 'wear off' that I left TSCC. Those who really felt close to me, for me, not because I was Mormon, but, because they liked me, are coming around. As we talk, hang out, laugh, and focus on things we agree on, it gets better every week. In spite of the fact that I have to vent on here from time to time, overall, my life, post Mormonism, is better now than it was when I was living FOR Mormonism. I can be myself now. In fact, one of my TBM relatives admitted that he likes me better now (out of the church) because I am more open-minded. So, I realized, this week, that I am not as alone, among my TBM family/friends as I feel at times. As I focus on the ones who do still want a relationship and ignore the ones that are weird about it, life is much better.

And I have loved making new friends with people who are either exMormon or never were associated with Mormonism. It's cool how quickly you can establish friendships with people who don't care whether or not you believe in a con-prophet, his books, and his church. They just want to live life to its fullest and enrich friendship. When I focus more on those (non TBM) friends, life is much better.

If you don't feel any of what I've shared, keep moving forward. Life does get better as you focus on what is going RIGHT and not what sucks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 08:58PM

I have found that things normalize after a while. I'm not really that different in social situations than I was before I left the church, and people realized that after a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.