Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kellie ( )
Date: August 23, 2012 10:35AM

i hear one guy saying this while sharing his testomany, but when i listen to them testomany i dont get what they saying just that the church is true,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 23, 2012 10:38AM

baptise your kid when they are 8, the sin is on the head of the parent.

But since Mormon scripture was made up by Joseph Smith, it's nothing to worry about. It's just an attempt to scare people into obedience.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 23, 2012 11:17AM

Well, both of my children were never baptized. I resisted some pressure to get it done, but I just said no. My wife is Catholic and we never had any rituals performed in that church either.

Ron Burr

Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: August 23, 2012 11:37AM

This was a convention JS used to get people to do crap. The baptism thing is written into the D&C. Parents must get their children prepared for baptism by 8 years old, or they are sinning.

It's similar to section 132, where Emma is told she is free to reject polygamy...but it would be a sin for her to do so.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: August 23, 2012 12:22PM

Think of all the people who have not been baptized into this bogus cult.

Do you really think a fair and rightous God would really care?
... I was told early on in the church that it did matter because I now know the truth

I could not understand how everybody not of the LDS church will go to hell or a lesser kingdom
.... I was told they would get a chance

well, then if I will get a chance later(after death) sign me up then. In the mean time I will try to live a life that embraces more of what I really believe in than LDS standards.
There is good in all religions. Good people. Wonderful people. People with more compassion than I can ever muster are out there.

It is up to you to set your moral headings, it is in you! A major thing the church is missing is humility. Sure they have phoney humility but the majority of the active mormons .. Do Not.
You carry your God with you at all times. Tune into that still small voice and listen carefully. God gave you intelligence and a brain to use. Honor God by using it to stay away from the darkness the church lives in.

Basic human rights are denied people in the church. I cannot and will not hitch a ride on that. The way they treat woman also. Deplorable. Jesus would not do that.
I can not be part of that, it would lessen me. This board purely and simply knows that.

Once I knew the truth to be .. the church is money grabbing, does not provide fairly, emotionally damages so many members .. and is based on mans word, then I really knew the truth. Then, I could not stay in

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 12:31PM by mindlight.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.