Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AltaRica ( )
Date: August 13, 2012 11:28PM

We all know that TSCC's published membership numbers are a bunch of horse sheeat, and it's clear that they also manipulate the number/size of wards and stakes to make it look like TSCC is growing. Perhaps a more telling indicator of TSCC's growth (or lack thereof) would be trends in the construction of meetinghouses. Overall, how many meetinghouses were built in 2011 compared to 2001? Does TSCC publish that kind of information?

Another question - what is TSCC's real strategy? Is it a) aggressively build meetinghouses to keep up the apearances of growth and encourage more tithing revenue to flow into the COB, or b) use meetinghouses as efficiently as possible and avoid building new ones to minimize costs?

Even if information regarding constructed meetinghouses isn't openly published, it wouldn't be that hard to gather the information ourselves. It wouldn't take too much work to list every meetinghouse in my hometown with the years they were dedicated.

Has anyone seen any curious trends? Do you live in a growing area near or in the morridor? If so, do you see a lot of churches going up or not as many as before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 12:21AM

I live in the az morridor,
and all I see, everyday,
is one new temple & meetinghouse after meetinghouse being built.
There is no escape from morgdom here.:(

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 12:24AM

I haven't seen anything to indicate they are building unneeded meetinghouses to look bigger. If anything they build them long after there is a need for them squishing lots of people in like sardines.

Posted by: missguided ( )
Date: August 14, 2012 12:41AM

I think it must have something to do with that new "10 members" thing. Every ward is desperate to make the quota, they exaggerate numbers/ reactivations

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.