Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 10:01AM

http://spittoon.23andme.com/big-questions/our-hidden-african-ancestry/

Given the Mormon obsession with genealogy I wonder what happens if the "most valiant in the pre-existence" ever discover they had a mixed race or black ancestor...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 10:05AM

I'm sure they know-doesn't TSCC run a DNA program?

Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 10:29AM

I do have a great -great -great grandmother that the census listed as "black" one year and "Mulatto" (sp?) another year. A relative of mine told me that the older generations of our family were claiming that this woman must have been Native American because they just couldn't accept that she was black.
By the way, she and ggg grandfather lived in a polygamous relationship with his other wife, although he was never married to the African American lady. I am guessing that is because interracial marriage was illegal then. None the less, he lived as if he had two wives and they all raised their children together.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 10:40AM

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 10:58AM

a lot of slave-owners quickly figured out that the easiest, cheapest way to have more slaves was through sexual intercourse. Children born of a master-slave union were legally considered to be children of slaves, and as such were slaves themselves (another aspect of the Patriarchal System of which polygamy is also a part).

"Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl" by Harriet Jacobs is a more accurate picture of slavery in North America than "Gone With the Wind."

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 11:01AM

have a biological parent that is not among the 2 listed on the charts.

NONE of us are who we think we are.

I still love genealogy, but it's harder to take it seriously.

Posted by: Done! ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 12:09PM

It sound familiar. Even Jesus was illigit. If he actually did exist at all. The jews kept pretty good records of their heredity and they don't confirm his legit existence.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.