Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:33PM

No one has offered me a blessing ,which is a blessing. But I am getting that yucky anxiety in my gut.

I am having my foot recnstructed, I have no arch and bones are messed up.

I was supposed to have it two weeks ago. Went in, and had my leg asleep, then they discov ered I had low potassium so they cancelled it.

Sooooo. My potassium was still not quit high enough yesterday, so drinking orange juice till midnight, taking potassium, ate a couple bananas. I dont' want to have to postpone again. It is a major thing that I have to totally change my life for.

Anyone have any tips for the potassium? I feel like a total pig!!! I don't usually eat this much in a day. Had a burger too.

My house is not all clean either. that sucks, but oh well.

sigh.

The nurses and docs are awesome though. Orem hospital rocks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:39PM

Best wishes to you! Surgery is no fun, but I hope that you'll recover soon.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:39PM

Good lucky, Jonny. With an experienced surgeon, the operation goes quickly. It sounds like you are doing the best that you can with regard to the potassium. I hope that everything works out.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:40PM

Get them to add a potassium drip along with your saline drip. They had to do that for me the last time I had surgery.

I wish you the best. I hope that all goes well.

Posted by: sassypants ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:41PM

Best of luck with the surgery! :-)

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:43PM

Also, low adrenal functioning, from genetic predisposition, and/or chronic stress over the years, will cause escessive loss of all of the electrolites, including calcium and magnesium.

That hamburger may have been very high in sodium, which could cause throw off the postaaium, expecially if it had high sodium condiments.

I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Posted by: Jonny ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:55PM

Thanks guys!!! The hamburger was lean, and I don't put anything on my burgers, I'm weird that way. I just have to force myself to eat things sometimes.

I wondered why they didn't do the potassium drip last time. I had to do that when I had a heart cath last fall. I had forgotten though, so there was no warning. I do take a diuretic too, but it is supposed to be a "potassium sparing" one, which obviously problem.

Thanks for the well wishes!! I was never a blessing person anyway, where my cousins had one for pretty much anything negative. I would have had to have one all the time if I did that!!

I always felt weird getting a blessing. It's cool when they ask your religious preference I get to say none.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 10:06PM

Good luck....trust you have a good surgeon...

Ron Burr

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 10:29PM

I'd take a good hospital and a good surgeon over a blessing, any time! You seem to have a positive attitude, which helps, too (and which Mormons usually lack). You are brave. I'm glad this is going to help you. (((hugs)))

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 02:29AM

update time. Had the surgery, it went well. Got my potassium up to 3.8 the morning of.

Only have had a couple times the pain was almost unbearable, but they took care of it quick. Just been sleeping since then.

My son has been great taking care of me.

The worst pain I have now is in my left side. It{s like i pulled a muscle or something pretty bad, hurts to use crutches.

If it doesn{t get better I will go in.

Great hospital staff, sseriously impressed with them. So nice.

Well, now, back to sleep. I gotta go out tomorrow for the first time. fun. Nexxt week i get stitches out and a new cast. It will be interesting to see what it looks like then.

Thanks for all the [blessings[.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 11:31AM

Thanks for the update. I hope you continue to improve!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 11:34AM

Thanks for the update, Jonny. I hope that you continue to do well.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.