Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: June 17, 2012 10:24AM

and edict and C H A N G E the law the way Obama did with immigration??

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/54297624-82/business-liquor-herbert-utah.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 17, 2012 10:32AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 17, 2012 10:35AM

As a libertarian I probably agree with you more than many of the board members. However, I try to avoid political topics unless they align with the theme of this board and Mormonism: Gay and Women Rights, ext.

However, you have done a weird thing. You have taken a legitimate topic for this board, liquor sales in Utah and their relationship with that States economy, and addressed the issue in such a way that you are going to turn off half the people on this board, or just start a troll bash. For that reason, I am copying your link, and starting a new thread that fits more with the spirit of this sight.

Date: June 17, 2012 11:00AM

"However, you have done a weird thing. You have taken a legitimate topic for this board, liquor sales in Utah and their relationship with that States economy, and addressed the issue in such a way that you are going to turn off half the people on this board"

in what way?? I made a comparison to what Obama did with immigration (notice...I haven't weighed in on what I think) and asked the Herbert who SEES a problem and an IMMEDIATE solution and wondered why he doesn't do the same....

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 17, 2012 11:03AM

You are trying to make this about Obama's immigration policy which touches on divisive politics. If that were not the case, then why did you lead with that thought?

Date: June 17, 2012 11:06AM

Ok...we can "comment" on Herbert ..mormon republican and his policies...we can "comment" on Romney...another mormon republican...but we cannot comment on Obama...a non mormon democrat....

FWIW...while I see the logic behind Obama's change to immigration policy, I would think it would have to go thru the legal process of Congress....

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 17, 2012 11:11AM

he simply re-announced for a 2nd time regulations that have been on the books for about the last 15 years and a legal theory that has existed for about a 1,000 is not more.

His most recent announcement actually narrows the scope of his announcement from about a year ago.

The pro immigrants think this narrowing is a god send. You'd think they would want it broader, not narrower.

The anti-illegal immigrants think the narrowing is a sure sign of the apocalypse. You'd think they'd be happy with a narrowing.

Reminds of the dizzing through the looking glass world of Mormon PR.

Now Mormons should vote for Obama, he has made it less likely that some (but not all) undocumented Mormon missionaries will be deported.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2012 11:16AM by lulu.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.