Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auroraura ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 02:48PM

I got invited to this group which currently has 11.5k participating on Monday, August 11th.

I really hate that my friends can post all kinds of religious stuff but I get attacked for posting any of my beliefs even if motivated out of love to help these people realize they are brainwashed and being psychologically abused! Its so painful to see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 02:49PM

Yeah, love how that works eh?

If I just state how the church does something, not being mean, just stating a fact. I get told to stop talking about it by DW. But she can go on and on about the church all day long.

Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 02:50PM

The event I'm looking forward to on Monday Aug 11th is the Perseid Meteor showers.

Posted by: peaceinfreedom ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 04:23AM

Is it mean that I'd love to post up something opposite of the temples, like masonic symbols? Oh wait, never mind, they are pretty much the same thing....

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 04:48AM

I don't know why they keep thinking they can get a million people to participate in their slacktivist missionary efforts. Most active Mormons are too embarrassed by their goofy religion to make public posts about it. And if they're not, they should be.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 09:04AM

You can always respond with something like - I read there is a bed in the temple where the prophets have sex with the girls getting married. Are Mormon girls supposed to be virgins in case one of the prophets like Warren Jeff's wants to have sex with them?

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 09:58AM

I'd love to post a picture of the secret masonic handshakes and then say, "Oh sorry, wrong temple, I guess."

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 01:19PM

1,000,000?

I thought the Church was 15,000,000 strong?

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 01:27PM

The page has almost reached 1% of the total mo's claimed membership....

Sounds like a really stupid thing to show that no one in your organization even gives a shiat.

I would think that when they organize an event and no one shows up for it that it does more harm than good inside the culture and could give others courage to want to leave even more.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 01:31PM

How many REALLY active, temple-attending, members are there that are also very active on Facebook? Probably nowhere near 1,000,000. It appears that they realized this after their other million member group failed miserably. This time, they're only going for a million "posts". These 11.5K participants are going to look crazy when they each post 86 temple posts on the 11th to reach their goal.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 05:06PM

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 04:33PM

I think we should all post temple facts of our own in response. Disguise them so they look helpful and informative.

Facts and questions such as:

1. Fun fact - did you know the average temple cost $xxxxxxx to build? (Anyone have a number?). Temples are only open to Mormons who pass the test (worthiness interview). Part of the requirement for entering the temple and gaining salvation is paying 10% of your income to the mormon church.

2. Question - what is this 2nd endowment I've heard about? How do I receive my 2nd endowment?

3. So everyone can attend a temple wedding, right? Because Mormons are all about strengthening families?

I could go on and on.

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: August 05, 2014 04:39PM

I be posting a picture of the Beruit temple.

Date: August 06, 2014 05:08PM

show how not so speshul they are.

Posted by: an91 ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 05:08PM

Our bodies are temples, so why not flood Facebook with pictures of all of us naked?

Posted by: Chhicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 07:02PM

Flooding Facebook with 1,000,000 gold fillings.....

Date: August 06, 2014 08:40PM

Churches, mosques, temples, even Freemason Temples.

Worldwide there must be thousands.

Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: August 06, 2014 08:46PM

I got invited to this event as well. Deleted it from my FB event section right away. So tired of these TBM's doing this kind of stuff.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.