Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BadSheep ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 11:51AM

I find this so outrageous. I am outraged, not that these comments were made (because I understand there is freedom of speech, even for the rantings of a crazy man) but because there are people sitting in that church, agreeing and amen-ing it. I am outraged that there are many more people in our country and around the world that agree with this hate speech. I am outraged that we, as Americans, and humans, are not collectively calling for the end of this type of bigotry. I am outraged that in 2012, we have not advanced enough as a society to realize that every human deserves basic human rights. The right to live, love, and learn unmolested by the likes of this hate monger.

http://youtu.be/d2n7vSPwhSU

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 12:41PM

Is every time throughout history a society has rounded up its gay folk and done away with them (and it has happened more than once), there we are again in the next generation in the same percentage of the population. You would have to stop the straight people from having gay babies. Eventually, someone with a comprehension of history that exceeds the last 50 years will figure out that we gay people have always been here, whether or not we are welcome. We must have a function as part of humanity, if not for any other reason than the beauty of diversity. This barely literate preacher can be "agin it" as much as he wants. We're part of the design.

Posted by: gannosu ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 12:44PM

Very few people on earth that I hate but that baptist is one of them. I think the world would be a nicer place if those fanatics were rounded up and placed where he thinks the gays ought to go.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 12:53PM

I saw something on failblog that made a very good point. It showed two pictures; one of people protesting race-mixing back in the day, and another of people today protesting same sex marriage. It said "Imagine how stupid you will look in 40 years..." LOL. I truly believe that homosexuals will get their rights. And I believe it is not that far off either. Dont fear :) It will be a great day in history when this happens!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 12:56PM

Hopefully this sort of thing will motivate the more liberal churches to step up there efforts to stop this sort of "Christian" from defining the perception of Christianity.

Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 04:25PM

Stop being surprised. This country doesn't even give women full legal equality. The Equal Rights Amendment wasn't ratified, remember? Thanks is great measure to moronmormons.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 04:27PM

Many states have ERA's. Their laws can't discriminate.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: May 22, 2012 04:26PM

So what's new???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.