Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lorenzo Snowjob ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:00PM

We all know how difficult it can be living the Law of Chastity as a single person.

But, can you imagine trying to live the Law of Chastity as a divorced or widowed adult? I mean, here you are, accustomed to having sex on a regular basis, and then all of a sudden you are forced to oppress yourself sexually as if you were a teenager again.

That must be awful!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:03PM

Well that's a great thing about being free from religion.

I had lds divorced friends who agonized with the chastity rule. Eventually they left the church not only for that reason, but discovering the church is a lie anyway.

Posted by: nonamenow ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:12PM

Correct.

Once you've been married you no longer think certain things are wrong.

So, when dating after divorce I found it was hard to remember where the official boundaries were. Yes, it was hard to remember. Hard to remember. Oops.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:24PM

There can not be a "law" if there is no authority. Since LDS Corp has no authority, there is no "law of chastity"

In answer to the topic, yes and no I'm not. Life is too short to be living a cloistered life.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:34PM

After my divorce the sexual boundaries depended on where the females were in their sexual life. A young (under 30) newly divorced female often tried to act like a teenager. Women would go to the Single Adult (over 30) dances wanting someone to hold them and make them feel like a woman. Sex is a natural part of life.

LDS sexual rules for adults is stupid. Part of being mentally healthy is shelter, food, health and love. Everyone needs to be loved to be mentally all there.

I know some will challenge the love part but I said all there mentally.

Posted by: Joe S ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:00PM

Married couples have sex?

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:52PM

Who knew...?

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 11:19PM

I know someone who converted in his late 30's after his 2nd divorce.

Ten years later he's still uber-TBM but not remarried. I'm SURE he's chaste!

Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 12:25AM

I considered the Law of Chastity as having sex with somebody you were not married to. Period.

Other options were still available. I survived divorce by being creative.

So I could answer without hesitation when asked that yes, I maintained the Law of Chastity just fine, thank you.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 01:08AM

A lot of people GET divorced because they are NOT having sex "on a regular basis". Sex in marriage is "legal" in Marriage per Mormons. Sex outside of marriage is a "sin".

I chucked the law of chastity a couple times. Now, if I could just have FUN with a decent person too?! One of these days I will get it right!

RMM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.