Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 02:25PM

You know that frustrating feeling when you are at the airport, ready to board and your flight gets cancelled. Then you have to be rerouted all over the planet and it ends up taking you the entire day and night to get home. I’m guessing you fellow business travelers know the drill. Well, thankfully I had an e-book downloaded I wanted to read. It got me through the delays with a smile.

The book I read was Skull Valley by Anderson. This book was written by one of our own, good old long time poster “sd” who is known as for his quirky (often off color) one liners on RfM.

This book was candy for ex-Mormons! It is a detective mystery and hilarious. It takes place in Utah and has to do with an investigation with the Goshute tribe. Imagine a black FBI agent working with a dorky Mormon partner investigating the Mormon culture.

Not to give too much away, but imagine the Mormon guy trying to explain why it was not a good idea for the black FBI guy to barge into the temple. Imagine the Mormon guy getting all offended when he hears swear words.

This book is a very easy read- just the kind of thing you would want for an airport or day at the lake. It’s a good story and touches on many issues about the LDS history and culture. Only an ex-Mormon can truly appreciate some of the insights.

I’m really glad sd decided to put this book on Amazon in electronic form. It was cheap (always a nice thing, right?) and just the kind of read I needed.

If any of you read it, return and report. I’ve found some really interesting books written by ex-Mormons from RfM.

I just wanted to make everyone aware that this book is out there in case this sounds like something you would enjoy reading too. One of the best things about RfM is getting book recommendations.

Thanks, sd! You can spin a tale! Also, thanks to administration for letting him mention it here a couple months ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Skull-Valley-G-D-Anderson-ebook/dp/B00JZ6VV26/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406485143&sr=1-1&keywords=skull+valley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ladyfarrier ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:57PM

I read it too. It was great!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:51PM

Let's see, I can't remember what does SD really mean? I know you told me all those years ago when we first met but memory fails.

grin

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 09:33PM

I believe it stands for Crap Detector. :-)

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 05:41PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.