Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: uteman801 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 11:03AM

I really offended some people. I could have done it with more tact, but the church really pisses me off. They had me lying to people for 2 years! Anyways, my MP saw this and has asked to meet with me. I kindly denied his request and said we could debate the issues methodically over fb messaging. I sure hope he agrees and that I get the chance to let him in on reality!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: releve ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 11:46AM

My son-in-law made a very sound, but probably unwelcome comment on Facebook late last night. Sometimes the constant Mormon memes just get to be too much.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:51PM

Would love to get the story if your MP has the balls to debate!

Posted by: Been there, too ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 03:55PM

The constant Mormon memes are too much. TMBs don't see the memes as being up for discussion or debate. It's just a one-side thing to generate peer plaudits. For example, the Proclamation on the Family is a horribly bigoted, offensive work that encourages discrimination. But reply to a post on social media about it by stating as such *they* are the ones that take offense.

Mormons, in my experience, will react badly to any "ex-mo" outing. Mormon just culture doesn't tolerate divergent views and actions. It's laudable that you outed yourself, but TBMs will see you as being bitter and angry if you keep engaging.

Also, it's really difficult to debate a Mormon on this stuff. Mormonism is not based on fact or logical thinking. You can win every argument in a debate, but they will say that the full truth will be revealed to us on the other side of the veil and and that it all comes down to faith. But if you want to give it a go, insist on a simple question: E.g., Is Joseph Smith a credible witness? What evidence supports the Book of Mormon as ancient scripture vs. a 19th century work?

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 12:34PM

The proclamation is just insane nonsensical drivel. It says that the first commandment to Adam and eve was to make babies.

Not a one of those dumbasses ever read the bible? The first commandment was not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 12:25PM

+1
No more hiding it some will be offended and hurt that you left "the true church" it might give other the strength to also come out and share that they don't believe either. After we left last year we found out that I have at least 2 cousins who don't believe it anymore they haven't officially resigned but they haven't been in church for years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.