Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 04:35AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58216140-78/park-lake-liberty-salt.html.csp

So in this parade, there is a float of a T-rex pushing a hand cart!??

I thought Mormons don't believe in Dinosaurs?.. How do they reconcile that!??

Am I the only one who finds that really really odd!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carl Pagan ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 04:38AM

I think they do believe in dinosaurs, they just think they came from another planet. So you see, they're really quite logical and in touch with reality.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:35AM

So by extension; all thr BOM evidebce was taken away and used to build a different planet?

Date: July 27, 2014 05:36AM

Indeed, I'm sure that would make sense to those involved.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:39AM

Date: July 27, 2014 09:53AM

LOL!

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 10:11AM

They are forging ahead, dinosaur leadership, looking to the future of the church which will eventually become as extinct as the dinosaurs.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 11:17AM

Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 11:54AM

A while back I saw a couple of young men near a Mormon temple, and one was wearing a full dinosaur head. I posted about it here.

I blame Raptor Jesus. Must be his influence.

Date: July 27, 2014 12:10PM

First and foremost, as many of you might know.. (or not, I don't expect anybody to pay that much attention to me) ..

I hate the cult

I really hate that cult!

I absof#ckinglutely hate it with a passion!

But on the other hand..

it is SO easy to make fun of!
And so funny at times too..

Posted by: nolongersearching27 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:19PM

My TBM fil says that the dinosaur bones were part of the space debris that god brought together when creating the planet... but that they never existed here on this earth...

I don't know. Too many crazy conspiracies going on...

Date: July 27, 2014 01:01PM

Posted by: nolongersearching27 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:03PM

even I can't comprehend that apparently because according to others my reading comprehension is very poor....... ;)

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:09PM

That's what I was taught in church and seminary.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:39PM

Maybe they are attempting at mainstreaming with conservative Christians that believe the earth is only 6000 years old and humans and dinosaurs lived side by side?

How do you think those BOM people got to the ocean to take submarines to America? How do you think they traveled around in America? In both cases they had dinosaurs pulling handcarts.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:42PM

"Delight at Days of ‘47 parade, Native American celebration" Shouldn't that read "white and delightsome" when they post a pic of three white girls on top of a Native American headline? Fucking twits.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:56PM

So god made Earth out of parts of other worlds. Did god destroy or let be destroyed those worlds? Why would god do that? Aren't dinosaurs his creatures to?

Date: July 27, 2014 01:02PM

I think it's bad form to go about destroying OPP.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:30PM

You down wit OPP?

Date: July 27, 2014 10:01PM

Posted by: braindead ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:39PM

The whole article made me want to hurl!

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 03:31PM

So how did all these dinosaur bones keep their integrity if this world was made from other worlds in which the dinosaur bones came from... I never understood this when my TBM Ex said this this about where the dinosaurs came from.

from Universe today. How Was the Earth Formed?

by Matt Williams on October 24, 2010

Scientists believe that about one hundred billion years ago the Earth, the Sun, and all the planets of the Solar System were nothing but a cloud of cold dust particles swirling through empty space. Gradually, these particles were attracted to each other and came together to form a huge spinning disk. As it spun, the disk separated into rings and the furious motion made the particles white-hot. The center of the disk became the sun, and the particles in the outer rings turned into large fiery balls of gas and molten-liquid that cooled and condensed to take on solid form. Four or five billion years ago, they turned into the planets that we know today as Earth, Mars, Venus, and the outer planets.

This first eon in which the Earth existed is what is known as the Hadean period, named after the Greek word “Hades” (underworld) which refers to the condition of the planet at the time. During this time, the Earth’s surface was under a continuous bombardment by meteorites, and volcanism is believed to be severe due to the large heat flow and geothermal gradient. Outgassing and volcanic activity produced the primordial atmosphere. Condensing water vapor, augmented by ice delivered by comets, accumulated in the atmosphere and cooled the molten exterior of the planet to form a solid crust and produced the oceans. This period ended roughly 3.8 years ago with the onset of the Archean age, by which time, the Earth had cooled significantly and primordial life began to evolve.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:08PM

The age of the universe is about 13.8 billion years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 05:47PM by donbagley.

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:11PM

Most believe all things on this earth came from this earth. They simply lived before Adam and Eve lived. It took millions if years to create the world, each creative period represented in the 7 "days" are actually creative periods. Millions of years each.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 05:42PM

The dinosaur float is in rememberance of the Martin and Willie handcart companies; who stated that when they could go no further, they received help with the laborious chore of pushing handcarts from the angels- dinosaur angels.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:02PM

When I was there for sure wasnt no dinosaurs but biting gnats and chiggers pushing me all the way down that trail.

Date: July 28, 2014 05:32AM

The dinosaurs were wiped out when an soaring asteroid struck the earth. The dinos were too big to run or hide, so most were incinerated in a matter of hours in a global rain of broiling debris.

The Book of Revelation had nothing on the Doom of the Dinos.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 09:01AM

Those who live in fantasy don't give a damn about facts.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 12:52PM

A friend of mine from Bountiful went to some show they do before the Days of 47 parade that showcases all the floats. She posted a picture of that one, mentioning a friend had worked on it. I didn't understand it at all either - it seemed like that old song from Sesame Street "One of these things is NOT like the other - one of these things just doesn't belong." Except nothing on that float seemed to go together. Weird.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 02:01PM

Desperate times call for Desperate measures!!???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.