Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 10:14PM

As a teenager the bishop would ask about masturbation during the yearly interview. Getting ready to go on a mission and it was asked often. During the mission, the Mission President asked once. Married and it was never asked. Divorced and the bishop asked often. Remarried and never asked again.

So is it ok to masturbate if your married but not if your single?

Stupid religion stupid rules.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 10:45PM

The assumption is that married men don't need to masturbate because they can have actual sex. Which shows how sexually ignorant many ChurchCo low-level managers are.

Posted by: Fenwick Montgomery ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 11:06PM

Get a perscription from your doctor to masturbate. It works for drugs.

Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 06:41AM

Do the Bishops and mission Prezidents ask this question of the girls and women?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 08:54AM

I never served a mission, but I was asked about masturbation from age 12 to 18. We got a new bishop when I was about 18 and I also went to student/singles wards and I was never asked about masturbation, but the perv that was my bishop as a teenager asked every interview, including every 3 month dance card interviews.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 08:54AM by cl2.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 07:23AM

I have had many priesthood leaders 'confess' to me, and they are obviously only the truthful ones.

Many confessed but those who come readily to mind included a former stake president, counsellor in a stake presidency, bishops, high councillors.

In each case they were very remorseful and 'working hard' to overcome their problem. They were terribly guilt ridden. Now, if there were these, what about the men who rationalised their 'sin' or just plain lied about it?

Seriously, no real God (if there were such a being) would have the slightest concern for such a matter.

I therefore consider adult males in the church fall into 3 broad categories on this matter (1) they masturbate and confess like those I mentioned, working to 'resolve' their 'problem' (2) they masturbate and don't admit it or (3) they don't masturbate.

Incidentally, the oscar winning actor Ernest Borgnine, who lived until he was 95, was asked on U.S. tv what his secret was for living a long life. To which he immediately responded "I masturbate every day".

A cult that has been involved in blood atonement, mass murder, polygamy, child abuse, racism, female subservience,deliberately lying, committing fraud, destroying families, denying people their human rights (same sex marriage) has no right enquiring into the intimate lives of its members. No right at all.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 07:36AM

Except in the minds of Mormons, it isn't a problem for single or married males or females.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 07:47AM

Agreed.

Posted by: Big M ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 06:07PM

The pres of BYUI was questioned directly and he said that it is not a sin but can lead to one.

Wait, what?

Posted by: ComeonIwannaLamaniteYou ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 07:52PM

Let's be honest though...some people eventually prefer masturbation to being with others. That's one way masturbation might detract from quality of life.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 07:56PM

Or ADD to the quality of life. Just saying.

Posted by: ComeonIwannaLamaniteYou ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 08:01PM

Perhaps. Depending on any person's definition of quality of life.

Masturbation is natural & healthy...in a perfect world balanced with healthy intimate relationships too.

If that's what a person wants.

Some people are content with being married to their hand, or have resigned themselves to be content that way.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 08:06PM

ComeonIwannaLamaniteYou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Masturbation is natural & healthy...in a perfect
> world balanced with healthy intimate relationships
> too.
>
> If that's what a person wants.

I absolutely, positively, and totally agree 1,000,000!!!

:)

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 08:56PM

What a slippery slope indeed!

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 09:59AM

When I was single, it was never a problem. It worked every time!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 08:51PM

Believe me, when you get older you'll have no regrets or guilt over masturbation. The men who complain about it most can no longer pull it off themselves.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 01:30AM

The problem is within reach

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.